⇞ needed ⇞

After five days and four hours of a long journey, we were in the Earth Kingdom.  It was almost similar to the Fire Kingdom, the markets, the town, the red-colored building and it reminded of Krobet too much. 

"You need to relax Fergie, you are too tense for a common market visitor," I said noticing her stiff posture and vigilant eyes. For the first time, I saw her in a girlish outfit, her hair let down and half her face covered in an enchanted veil. Her eyes stood out now that she was under the veil and gave me a pinch of agony from her.

My arms were getting sore from carrying Morel now but apparently he was no mood to get down or change positions.  Three other girls were supposed to come with me but with Fergie guarding me, Markheen decided against it and I didn't have the heart to let her carry Morel.

"I think this is it." She said in a stiff tone.

We stood in front of a small inn, nothing lavish or ostentatious.

"We are staying here?" I asked looking at it feeling happy. 

It felt like a small warm home. Fergie nodded.

No dangers that I can detect. Morel added his observation.

We stepped in and a man was sitting at the reception desk. He was dozing off since there were barely any guests. A pleasant fragrance of sandalwood filled the area and it felt calm.

Fergie walked ahead and tapped the desk shaking the man out of his daze.

"Yes?"

"Room for two." She said and he looked at me, Morel and then at Fergie.

"General sent you?" He asked and by the time spent with Blood Assassins, I knew Markheen was called the general.

Fergie nodded.

And the man pulled two bronze keys out of the drawer and handed us the keys.

"We don't allow pets." He said staring at the cat.

"You do," Fergie said for me and her tone was so clear and strong that he didn't argue.

I wished I had that strength and courage.

Our rooms were next to each other and Fergie checked mine before I could even step in it.

"You can rest for two hours and then we leave for the plague site." She said in a curt tone and I nodded holding back a smile at her kind yet strict attitude.

Sleep Queen, you are exhausted.

You know I can't sleep Morel, I will wake up yelling or crying.

If you live like this without King then this is not called living.

Then let's just say I am surviving.

Lie down at least, I will sing you to sleep.

I would request you not to torture me further.

Morel chuckled, that is if cats could make chuckling sound but it sounded like one.

I sat down and closing my eyes I did what Morel taught me to bottle my power and use them to benefit my soul as well. I created a shield around me like an invisible protective bubble so that I can't see or feel anyone else's pain but just focus on mine.

Good thoughts. Morel observed me and I held back from rolling my eyes.

But I did what he said nevertheless.

And my thoughts shifted to Nazereth smiling, his laugh, the fire in his eyes, his lips touching mine, his hands holding me dearly.

And then I started imagining more, him calling me Zephora, him accepting me as his wife and loving me for who I was. We walking hand in hand under the moonlight and I could feel myself healing.