⇞ agony ⇞

Getting a silent treatment from the Prince was much better than the torture I went through. He was gone for as guards and maids said finding allies. A week passed in relief and I got gradually habitual of the life. The cold at night was uncomfortable but as the day came I would hide in the warm library and sleep there. My body was suffering from the aftermath of the cold though and I had constant fever and feeling of weakness.

No one served me food, I had to go to the kitchen and fetch food for myself. But that was good because I could eat something fresh. I would read and walk around and sometimes just roam around the palace to find hiding corners for myself.

After ten days of my solitude, I wandered to the forbidden side of the palace. Not officially forbidden but the side belonged to Nazereth and I was too scared to break any rules set by him. Surprisingly there were no guards on that side of the palace and I stood outside the door of his room contemplating if I should enter. 

Curiosity got better of me and I entered the room. It was warm.

A beautiful mix of golden and crimson spread across the room, a large warm looking bed with crimson velvet curtains looked inviting as my tired body couldn't get a night of proper sleep. The walls were covered with paintings and a map of all Kingdoms hung on the wall.

It was marked by some strategic pattern. A wooden cabinet was placed next to the bed and glass was set on the cabinet little fire burning inside the glass.

There were a wardrobe and a wooden divider to another part of the room which had a carpet, a settee and large glass bookcase filled with books, ink pots, and large maps. He was an avid reader and somehow that made him seem more human.

The silence made my footsteps on the carpet seemed loud so I stopped moving and opened the window of the room. The view from that was breathtaking, the mountains afar and the stretch of green lands could be viewed from there and I just stood there feeling the scent of calmness and peace before it was shattered by someone else.

It was a wonder no one followed me in here and dragged me out or maybe at night no one cared what happened to an unwanted Princess in the palace. I comfortably sat on the bed keeping the window open because somehow the fire in the glass was warming the whole place.

The moon in the night sky looked like it did from back in Udairis, it was not changing just because my life did. It was shining in its full glory and for that moment I didn't feel lonely or like my life was falling apart, it felt like the moon traveled with me till here to accompany me.

I don't know how but after a long time, I fell asleep not sure when the fever took over and my body gave in to exhaustion.

A loud clanking sound woke me up in the panic. I had no dreams or nightmares for the first time in a few nights. I got up in a hurry causing my head to throb with pain.

Prince Nazereth stood in the room, his armor on the ground probably the cause of the loud clanking sound. Terrified of my mistake I almost jumped out of his bed and without looking at him turned to straighten the sheets.

"How the hell did you get in here?" He sounded really angry and I stopped to look at him in case my silence annoyed him more.

"I am really sorry, I lost my way and came in here." I partially lied.

"And then you couldn't walk out and slept on my bed?" He snapped.

I gulped and stood there with my head hung low.

I had no idea why but I was feeling dizzy again, fever for so long had weakened my body.

"I can't expect anything else from the daughter of a murderer. What were you thinking, trying to use your body to lure me in?" He yelled at me.