⇞ heartbreak ⇞

Unfortunately, the after-effects of drinking are not good. My head was hammering from within and it felt like if I opened my mouth I would throw up. My eyes felt heavy and I was sitting in the water longer than always.

The word, unfortunately, was stuck with me but I realized as much as it made me sad, I have always stuck with him. He has hurt me worse but I care for him too much. He had no one and he looked for solace in an enemy. That spoke a lot.

Also, after, unfortunately, he did say he liked me a lot.

From hating me from the core of his heart and making me want to suffer he went to kiss the life out of me. Also, the fire in his eyes said a lot.

So I decided I would compromise, for the sake of my love. I have been hurt almost all my life, a little bit of heartache is not something I can't handle.

With a slightly upbeat mood and a fresh embedded memory of the passionate kiss, I hurried to the guard who will be my spy courier. He stood in the far end of the armory and the place was usually deserted. It was still early morning as I hurried to the place before everyone woke up and the second and the last day of market gathering started.

The sun was peaking through the sky and my head throbbed as I moved at a faster pace.

I need to have something to get better before the day officially started.

After walking for a while, I reached the end of the practice arena. The guard was standing looking stiff and I should have felt hate for him for deceiving a kind King like Nazereth but his bloodshot eyes and tired posture said otherwise.

Maybe just like me, his family was threatened.

"Here." I handed him the note.

He just bowed with a look of pity in my eyes and my first job as a spy was done a little too easily.

Honestly, I was proud of myself for giving false information.

By the time Ciara was gone styling my bun and placing a tiara on my head, I was a little too excited to meet Nazereth now.

I wanted to remain closer to him, enjoy someone caring for me and shower him with all the love till the feeling of guilt, hate or whatever it was washed away and he just loved me. But more importantly, I wanted to kiss him again, I loved that feeling and I felt happy with him. Happier I did since I was born maybe.

It was hurting me to avoid and ignore him but he mentioned that it was killing him too, I realized I was too deep in love and that his emotions will always be my priority. He sort of anchors the turmoil inside me by just making me focus on him.

Light-footed I walked down the stairs humming to myself almost ready to go to market with him again, my feet calm to a sudden halt.

The guests have arrived and they were non-other than people from the Air Kingdom.

The excitement in my heart plummeted as I saw Princess Odette greet my husband with a hug.

Be graceful and kind, he likes you he confessed it himself.

I walked closer to them carefully holding my poise.

"Ermeline, we have important matters to discuss," Nazereth said looking at me like I needed to leave them alone.

It felt like my heart pierced with something sharp. His tone was dipped in hate and his eyes barely had any flame.

What was happening?