⇞ person of interest ⇞

As much as I was accustomed to a cold-hearted Nazereth, this was hurting me for some reason. He wouldn't look at me, his jaw kept ticking and his eyes had barely any light visible. He was angry, filled with hate and very bad at hiding emotions.

His pain and hate were affecting my mood as well, my whole self focused on his well being I was absorbing his pain trying to lessen it and keep his emotions in check. But that was affecting everything inside me, I was feeling my pain and his pain together and that was twisting my insides unpleasantly. 

The gathering was going on pleasantly and soon the beautiful Princess of Air kingdom came with the Queen. Her eyes were gray, the shade of a violent storm and her aura was the shame like she would destroy everything around her. Among the two siblings, it was clear that she held the family power, the silver heavy bracelet on her hand was emitting power.

As she sat down on her throne, her eyes scanned the crowd and I wanted to hold his hands and request him to calm down before everyone noticed but I was scared that he would throw my heart and crush it brutally under his feet. The amount of anger he felt was scaring me.

But Princess's eyes stopped on him and her pink painted lips lifted in a sly smile. The coldness in her eyes was replaced by awe and to a certain degree desire. I felt the jealousy and anger unfurl in me.

But that didn't last long as his emotions overpowered mine and I felt nausea hit me hard.

"Your Highness, it's hurting," I mumbled pleading him to stop because I was feeling everything for the both of us.

I would have said something sooner because his whole persona relaxed and he turned to look at me immediately.

My face must have looked pretty bad because his eyes softened a bit.

He eased back into his seat but the anger was still lingering. While my whole body felt feverish.

I could barely hear the buzzing of sounds, as everyone spoke.

The ball was tomorrow and I was glad since I could not dance at the moment.

"Ermeline." I heard Nazereth say and I looked at him.

"We can go to the chambers now." He said looking at me with a concerned expression.

I nodded and got up feeling dizzy, his hand caught mine in time or else I would have stumbled.

"What is wrong?" He asked holding to my arm once more and I felt better at once.

I tried to answer but I was first trying to breathe.

"Can't. Breathe." I said between hyperventilating.

And next thing he did shock everyone as he lifted me in his arms. 

"No. No." I mumbled still trying to breathe.

"Calm down Ermeline and breathe." He said and carried me among the present royals and guests.

I wish I would have stayed conscious for a little longer to see the ending of this scenario.

➻➻➻

Ciara was sitting next to me as I opened my eyes.

I blinked thrice to clear my vision and observe the intricate feather pattern ceiling over my head.

"What is wrong with you now? The poison is gone?" She asked noticing that I was awake.

Not really, I am an Empath who can feel the emotions of people and control it but for now, only my husband's emotions affect me so badly that it can make me sick.