⇞ plan a ⇞

I was still not so sure about my power that I would move past the whole trail of guards set inside the palace to the right-wing. I have never been inside to know the ways in and out with ease and I had no idea how else to reach there. I needed help but I was not sure who could help me in this matter.

"How is that you always hide from me in the library?" Nazereth's voice pulled me out of my thought process.

"I find peace with books," I said with a smile.

"I am sorry." He said and surprised at his sudden apology I looked at him.

"Why?"

"I was just reminded of the fact that  how brutal I was to you at that time." He sounded remorseful.

"In your defense, you thought I was Princess of Udairis. And even then you kept your humanity intact and didn't torture me in blind hate." I said consoling him.

"And that is all you did." He said giving me the look of adoration.

"Hmm?"

"You were just good to me every time."

He must have dreamt something bad, that is where the thoughts were coming from.

So I closed the gap between us and cupped his cheek in my palms, he looked at me and I was gazing at thoughts eyes again.

"You have beautiful eyes." I blurted out surprised at my courage.

At this, his face relaxed and a smile formed on his face, the kind of smile that made my knees weak.

"Zephora, are you trying to flirt with me?" He asked in a playful tone.

"I always tried to see the fire in them, even when there was barely a flicker in the dark coal," I confessed.

He blinked looking a little surprised at my confession.

"Honestly Zephora, they are fireflies just for you." He said softly.

I bent closer and kissed his lips cheeks affectionately.

"Am I forgiven yet?" He asked using his eyes and his smile to his full advantage.

"We will see," I said just for enjoying it.

He was here for me, putting himself and his reputation in danger. If caught he could be killed branded as a traitor just like his parents were but he was still here just for me. And being an Empath, his emotions have been so transparent to me even without reading it that I can't help but feel his sincerity. 

I knew what I needed to do.

I just hope that Princess's sleeping syrups were still where it always was.

Nazereth would be furious when he wakes up but at least he will be safe. I gave a gentle peck on his forehead as I put him to bed with much difficulty being of the slender frame.

I knew two drops of syrup put Princess Ermeline to seven hours of sleep but last time I sedated him he warned me to make it stronger so this time I put four drops in hoping this would at least but me four hours.

And I knew who can guide me to the right-wing, Drian, now King's bodyguard. No one would be more familiar with the palace's routes and rooms. I just needed the guards on the tower gate to call for him discreetly. He sometimes came here so he could sneak here with ease.

 I called out for the front guards for help thankful that the Prince didn't show up today. As much as I feared my power I felt kind of proud of myself that I actually held some control of souls and minds. I can also put this to good use but I was afraid that making people do things against their knowledge and will be not good.