⇞ her epiphany ⇞

It was a black hole of endless darkness and I was falling into it.

All I could hear is shrieks of pure agony and it felt like my eardrums would tear away and I would bleed out. I wanted to give up and cry as every organ in me was molten or I guess being squeezed too hard as I tried to get some air into my lungs. I vision came and gone and my head was on verge of exploding I was in that much pain.

Ermeline seemed to struggle as much as I was. Her eyes were literally dripping with blood tears and I wondered I was the same. She was also yelling in pain as she fought.

It took all my power to take three steps towards her and then losing my vision for a few moments as I grabbed her hands.

She gasped and I felt surprised from within her.

"Zephora, let me go." She said with words struggle blood dripping down her mouth.

And yet that is all the hope I needed. I could feel my soul take away her pain, the immense pain that she was in because the gem was crushing her soul.

"No, I wouldn't", I managed to pull the words out of mouth making a sharp pain in my heart.

I could feel her soul now, among the power of the gem, and among her pain, I could see her pain so clearly that it surprised me.

"Clarence, take her away, she will kill herself," Ermeline shouted out loud as she herself battled with confliction within her. I could see her skin turn a poisonous shade of greyish blue as she clutched it and screamed.

This was our Ermeline, the friendly princess who loved to read and paint, who would talk with me as she lay awake at night wondering what laid ahead of her Kingdom borders. She was the one that threatened my husband to take care of me.

I saw Clarence almost push me away with a water jet targeted at me that hit me ever so slightly and yet it was enough to make me fall.

But I didn't fall on the ground instead I fell in someone's arm. And I was so well aware of his soul that I immediately relaxed.

"Zephora, that is enough." He said and picked me up in his arms.

I wanted to argue with him, I wanted to see this through, I wanted to help him and wanted him not to carry so much stress and pain. I just wanted to bring peace to him and to everyone else even it meant I can take all the pain.

And yet I could feel he was carrying me away and Ermeline was still struggling.

"I will handle her, you take her away, please. I don't want her to die, she is important." I can't believe in my half-dead state that Clarence said that to Nazereth.

And Nazereth was so stressed that he was not even angry.

"I know what is needed to be done."

And then I was gone, the breath leaving me as pain engulfed everything else in my mood, maybe this was the point till when I could take maximum pain.

Maybe I should have told Nazereth that I loved him.

"I tried it, didn't I. I did everything."

"Her pain has spread like poison all over her body, sealing the magic will not help," Morel said in a grim tone.

But I was alive what are they talking about.

"No, this should work. I will not let her die. What will I do? Huh, what will I do then?" Nazereth looked miserable like the time he lost his family, he held their bodies.