⇞ attempt to heal ⇞

The reason no one could ever find Blood Assasin on their own because the moved from one place to another. Over two months we have moved twice and now we were on an island to catch a rogue Kraken in the sea who made people's life hell in the town across the sea.

Sintra and Fergie were two of the friends I made. 

And I seldom got to see Markheen, she came only when she brought me news about Drian and his well being and send my message to him. Sintra was my healing trainer and Fergie was my weapons trainer which I was very bad at. It took me a whole month to barely handle the sword, I was weak and Fergie tried shifting me to the martial arts and using my spirit and elemental power to strength my attacks. I was terrible archery, and she said she has never seen someone so physically weak and yet able to handle so much torture.

While Sintra said she was amazed at my emotional caliber and how I can make the pain go away just by a touch. I guess one cannot be good at everything. 

Without the healing water, the scars on my whole body were prominently visible, faded but still a reminder of the reality of my life. 

Morel helped me keep my powers in check as he trained me to actually tap in my genetic magic, the soul magic. He would make me sit in the earliest hours of the morning and meditate and focus on how to filter out all the pain that I took from people. But there was something no one knew, not even Morel. I cried myself to sleep and woke up again with nightmares.

The healing and taking pain from others was affecting my nerves since I was still not perfect in handling the powers. I never tried to use it for entrancing a soul, never used for brainwashing just healing and make people believe in themselves. Besides that, I also taught young girls because I was apparently most educated with my life next to the princess.

And to my surprise, there were many girls some rescued from being sold as pleasure toys for the soldiers sent out for wars just because their families sold them or they were themselves came in afraid of debt or husbands that were too old for them or masters that would beat them till it felt like death.

Sintra said had I my own followers that was because apparently my presence was calming and everyone enjoyed the company. After all, I was an empath and I can understand their pain which most people in the world hope for. But never did I feel the intensity or clarity of emotions like I felt for Nazereth.

I would heal the souls and took their pain but after that, I would sit at night crying my heart out, depressed, my whole body aching and desire of death coursing through me.

I wished I could see fireflies somewhere and follow them. But I needed to be stronger and stay away from Nazereth and his hate for me. Maybe, maybe enough pain would make me forget him. For two months I did survive without any news about him. Markheen would definitely know something but she never said anything seeing my discomfort and ache on just dreaming about him.

I had the most vivid of the dreams of kissing him, dancing with him, laughing with him and the life I imagined with him. Morel would actually try to hum me to sleep.

But it wouldn't work.  The advisor will right, I might actually break myself to the point of no repair using my power. Only if I was evil enough to command the souls.

"Focus Your Highness," Fergie said not addressing me without the formality.

I fell down on my butt for the tenth time that day.

"Do you really expect me to defeat you Fergie?" I said groaning as I got up and saw the cat snicker at my failure.

"I really hope so." She said and bent slightly in an offensive stance.