⇞ humiliation ⇞

Darkness was swallowing me as I tried to float towards the light. But it kept pulling me in and I couldn't breathe. I tried to call out for help but bubble came out of the mouth and my lungs started burning.

As I almost felt my eyes closing and water filling my lungs, my eyes shot open.

I gasped and got up. I was lying on a bed and I was aching all over. My outfit was changed and I was not drowning. My head was aching and my hand reached out to the part which was aching the most making me realize that I had an injury on my forehead.

My throat was coarse and I felt dizzy.

The last thing I remembered was me, drowning in water.

Ciara rushed in with a bowl of water and a towel in her hand and her eyes widened in disbelief on seeing me.

"You are awake, you have been unconscious for more than a day and running a high fever." She said and sat down next to me.

"Who saved me?" I asked not realizing that my voice has gone rough.

"Prince did," Ciara said with a frown.

"I am sorry, please don't inform the King about this," I said realizing I just made a big mistake.

I was a water Princess who can't swim. And this will make him suspicious and put Drian's life in danger.

"I won't," Ciara said with a sigh.

She felt pity for me.

Feeling relieved tears started falling down my eyes. He saved me that means he wanted this torture to continue. 

He literally took me to that place to push me down in the water.

He wanted to kill me but slowly.

"I wish I died."

"He wouldn't let you. You are his hostage for now." Ciara said in a sad tone.

I know what I needed, I needed to make friends in the palace and find a way out of this.

Knock on the door made both of us freeze in fear. 

"Come in," I said meekly.

A royal guard walked in with a scroll in his hand.

"King has invited some of the important guests tonight, he wants you to be present at seven in the evening." The guard announced.

He didn't ask if I wanted to be there or if I was feeling enough.

"He sends a dress for the occasion." And guard handed Ciara a box wrapped nicely.

Bowing respectfully he left even before I could utter a word.

"You are still suffering from fever though," Ciara said looking worried.

"I hope healing water will help," I said giving her a small smile and not let the worry consume me.

Curious about the dress I opened the box and gasped in shock.

"What is this?" Ciara sounded even more flabbergasted that I was.

The dress was made of sheer material and shimmered under the light. It left very little to the imagination. The chemise under the dress was tailored in a way that would hide only the necessary part and rest was at mercy of the almost see-through dress.

He was going to humiliate the Princess of his enemy Kingdom this way.

My dislike for him increased tenfold at the thought.

Another knock on the door made my heart leap but this time another man walked in, an older-looking man with greying beard and hair. He had a frown set on his face as he walked in mumbling something.