⇞ trance ⇞

The plan was simple. We were taking Morel with us and then we were depending on his power to convince others to let him free. Which by the way is a dangerous game plan because I had no idea how its power worked or how far it could be used or the idea I had in mind to put my power to use as well.

Morel had the amazing talent of changing sizes, he would become smaller in size, small enough to be a cat and be carried out in arms. He sat patiently in my arms as I stroked him comforting myself more than him.

"Your- capability. How long have you had them?" Nazereth asked suddenly.

"Since I met you." I confided partial truth.

I had them since I was born according to my memories but I started feeling it since I met the King. 

"If your father knew, he wouldn't send you as a sacrifice." He mused.

"It's a wonder you didn't kill me at first sight," I recalled his hate-filled gaze at me.

"I thought about it." He confessed not surprising me in the slightest, "But I couldn't do it."

What does that mean?

"Because I could be of heavy political importance," I said lightly.

"No, just because I couldn't." He stated in a calm tone.

My heart stuttered in my chest.

He couldn't.

And I felt a ripple of emotions in him, so strong that I had to hold my breath. 

"My parents, my sister would hate me." He mumbled.

"Your sister likes me." I confided feeling stupid about this.

His head shot up.

"She doesn't know who you are." He said in a cold tone and it hurt a little.

"She does."

Maybe more than you know.

I started humming her song and felt discomfort on his face. My whole being shrunk as pain shot through him and I felt like. 

"Why, why do you have to be this good?" He just said it with frustration and hate but it made me realize he felt I was too good.

It made me happy amidst other things.

But then the pain followed and my nerves were being ripped apart, I spat out blood as my head spun. The poison was in the worst stage.

"Ermeline." He called out and the cat seemed worried too.

Zephora, should I tell him, my name is Zephora so that I could hear him say it before I die.

But I was losing all my power.

So I did the next best thing as I lost to the searing pain in me and mumbled, "I love you.'"

"She can't die. We have already put the antidote in her. Why is she not waking up?" Princess Ermeline was throwing tantrum which she seldom did back in Udairis.

But I knew well enough, she was scary when she did it.

I tried to open my eyes and calm her down but they were heavy and wouldn't budge.

I tried moving my hands, legs, anything but nothing moved. I was paralyzed.

"You, King of Krobet. I really thought you cared for her after everything, but you heartless piece of human look what you did." She was getting scarier.