⇞ destination ⇞

He is not married.

He said he loved you and he is being irresistible as hell, what more are you thinking?

Morel was not on my side on this one and he said he would always protect me.

"You are my pet remember?" I said in a dry tone.

Yes, I want your happiness, I have seen you destroy yourself slowly without him.

"I don't need a man to survive." I snapped.

No, but you need love and he is your family.

What if he hurts me again, what if once he sets out for revenge he will forget about me.

Well, it all comes down to one thing Queen, do you love him?

"Yes, you know I do," I said realizing it would take a lifetime for me to fall out of love.

Maybe not even then.

Then you know he needs you, even before he realized it. You are his lifeline.

It almost sounded romantic if I did not think about the fact that I was actually an Empath, a princess of the Spirit Kingdom who should have died by now.

Should I tell him the whole truth? Will he hate me then?

Will he throw me in a dungeon or will he have me killed? How much can I tolerate hate and pain?

The knock on the door ended my negative thought process.

It took me three days to get back in condition to travel, two of which I slept.

It was time I returned back to the Blood Assasins.

Fergie came in after a moment all packed and set to leave.

I felt really miserable on just the mere thought of not seeing him again. He would be gone and I would be waking up screaming every night.

But I pick up me stuff and on opening the door I realized it was just the crack of dawn.

"Is there a reason we are leaving this early?" I asked Morel snuggled closer to me due to a slight chill in the breeze.

And to think of a time when he looked like a mighty lion.

"We do not want the two royals to see us," She was doing it for me and obvious desire to hide from my husband.

I nodded hoping if I would leave he will never find me again and maybe when everything is finished and his revenge is fulfilled I will go back to him. Till then I will protect him from pain and harm from the shadows, after all, I was a part of Blood Assassins now.

We walked towards the stables when Morel moved its lazy body and looked at me.

You can't escape him now.

And I looked up to find Darren and Nazereth standing in the stables talking to each other with light smiles on their face.

My heart skipped a beat and I realized Fergie came to a halt.

"There is one person I respect and fear and that is the Firemaster." She said explaining why she would not attack him even when I wanted to hide from him.

"Zephora took you long enough." He said reminding me that he knew my real name and when he called it out it felt something more than a name, more like an endearment term.

"I told you I am not going home with you," I said standing my ground.

"It's wonderful just to hear you call it home."