⇞ a friend in need ⇞

Apparently the weapon was mysterious. It didn't work as a fire weapon to enhance just my power. Morel would guard it more than his life and was purposely ignoring me. Did he knew I would ask for my memories back, were too painful for me to bear.

Each day I was back to the routine of training with Fergie and sometimes I sat down alone with the weapon trying to see how it worked. Besides feeling the souls and their energy around me it was not something I could actually use to make myself control the power I had.

Nazereth was gone, he was a soldier more than a King and he took it upon himself to keep his people safe and find what the Air Kingdom was up to.  He has gone for days before but not with the blood gem obtained from fiends and also not when we both loved each other. I missed him dearly and he did write to me daily but I was worried for him.

As powerful he was, he was no invincible. Also, he was incredibly dangerous like a whole different person when I was not around.

So I was mostly on my own trying to figure out my power that showed abrupt changes whenever Nazereth's fire touched me.

Without Nazereth the nightmares were back and this time I could actually hear the yelling and crying through the palace. I would wake up and wander till dawn feeling the presence of souls that wanted to speak to me and an unbearable heaviness in my heart.

Some of these nights I would wonder if I was a person worth loving, I mean I was half crazy and no one would be able to tolerate this much depressive darkness around them let alone love it.

While other times I would feel like I was born to do good in this world, make people ease their worries and heal them.

After a week passed and I was mostly healed except for sore muscles from Fergie's determination to make me physically fit, I didn't expect the night to be eventful as I sat in the library yet again cold creeping in my skin through the floor but it was my way of keeping myself awake and not fall in those terrible nightmares again.

Without much courtesy from Fergie, the door opened and she came next to me breathing heavily.

"What? Is Nazereth okay?"

"It's the Enebris Travellers." She said and I got up not sure what the worry on her face signified.

Was Princess hurt? Why were they here, last time they came they stopped the wedding I dreaded would happen.

"You have to come and talk to the half-human." She said.

So Syrion was here. I got up and rushed outside to the courtroom.

Thankfully Ciara and Myron were already there.

"Queen," Syrion said and bowed lightly.

Even now the bowing bothered me a little and made me squirm. 

He looked stunning as the first time we met but pale and worried. It took me a few seconds to realize the princess was not next to him.

"Where is she?"

"She was taken, someone from the Air Kingdom took her but I am assuming it was their Princess, that Odette."  He seemed to be holding in his anger somehow.

The dread of losing her was too much right now.

"How can I help, just let me know?" I asked running options in my head.

Fergie gave me a head tilt and I nodded immediately taking the idea of bringing Blood Assassins into the fold.

"Your husband can be of big help right now."

"He is--not here." I felt slightly embarrassed as I said this and I had no knowledge of where he went as he said it was for my own safety.

"Then let's inform her family somehow." He said.