Connected.(Mike x Reader)

In this world we live in.

Everyone is connected with a red string of fate.

The person who is going to be on each side of this string is either your soulmate.

Or your enemy.

Her eyes wondered around the park,gazing at the people who were passing by.

She slightly tapped her shoe against the ground,almost creating a sound to distract herself from the things that were going on in front of her.

Two little kids were playing around by the playground,having a red string connecting them from their pinkie fingers.

A couple passed by them,holding each other in their embrace as the string was on them too.

And just right next to her,there was an elderly couple,sitting on a bench and gazing at the park.

Disgusting.

She rolled her eyes,leaning against the bench and checking the time.

They were going too overboard with the whole,soulmate thing.

Why are people too invested into finding each other's halves?

It is merely pointless.

Life has so much more to offer.

No,she wasn't jealous.

She was actually relieved that she didn't have to worry about those things,since she didn't have a red string around her pinkie finger.

She did her best to avoid people like them,since knowing from experience they are talking only about this and nothing else.

But (Y/N) wasn't alone in this phenomenon.

There were quite a few people that didn't have the string either.

Suddenly,footsteps were coming down the trail of the park path and inching closer to her.

"(Y/N)!"

She snapped out of her thoughts,looking over to the female who was walking towards her with a smile.

She stopped,resting her hands on her knees panting softly.

"Sorry!I am never late but I had some errands to do."

(Y/N) shook her head,ruffling her friend's light brown hair.

"Chill,I didn't wait much."

Kate smiled,straightening her posture as the other girl stood up.

Taking their usual route,as almost everyday.

From the park towards the bridge,so they could look down at the river with the fishes were sometimes jumping up and down.

"This is getting so annoying."

She huffed,rolling her eyes at the connected red strings that were passing by them.

Her friend followed her gaze,slightly sighing as she patted her shoulder.

"Ignore them (Y/N).They are making the situation so out of hand that really ends up irritating.But don't look at them,we don't need that string to live our lives."

She gave her a sweet smile,wrapping her pinkie around hers and lifting up,as if to remind her that she wasn't alone.

(Y/N) smiled,stepping on the bridge as many people were looking down at the river.

"Many people today."

"I hate it."

She nodded,and they stopped at their usual spot.