A tale as old as time.(Knight Mike x Knight Male Reader)

A/n:requested by Bella986520 ^^

This is a usual fairytale,of a young man falling in love with the princess.

A tale as old as time.

Two human beings meant for each other.

But sometimes.

Tales have a twist in them.

My eyelids felt heavy upon opening them,feeling the sunlight against my skin.

Pressing my palms against my eyes,slowly rubbing them as I lifted my body off the bed.

"(Y/N)?Are you awake?"The gentle voice of my mother could be heard from outside my bedroom door,as it slowly opened.

Her smile made me smile,
looking over to her.

"Good morning mother."I exhaled,getting my feet on the floor."Give me a few minutes and I will be dressed up in no time!"

The older woman softly laughed,walking out and closing the door.

I put myself in my attire of potato sacks,as known as,peasant clothes.

I moved myself over to the bucket with water next to my bed,splashing my face,softly gasping because it was actually cold.

With a rag,I dried my face,feeling ready for the day.

I walked out of my room,seeing my mother was waiting in the kitchen,holding a basket.

I opened a cabinet and grabbed a small pouch of coins,walking towards her.

"Are you ready for a walk at the market?"

"Yes son,let's go so I can cook you and your father."

She wrapped her hand around my arm,walking outside of our little home.

The day was sunny,as many villagers were walking over to the plaza.

I walked with my mother over to the fruits and vegetables,letting her look at them and pick.

My eyes shifted along the crowd,as I couldn't help but notice the whole commotion near a salesman shop.

I approached,feeling intrigued,and peeked over to see the salesman and a jestress playing a card game.

The man was surprised,but mostly angry,calling her different names.

"Move aside people."

A voice from behind me called out,hearing the horse's feet against the ground.

I moved my body aside,only to see a white horse,and on top of it was sitting a knight in a shining armor,gripping on the horses reins.

But something that immediately stood out,wasn't the shine of the armor,or the castle's emblem in gold.

But his eyes.

His fierce blue eyes would have you on edge.

And those eyes,looked over to my side.

My eyes went wide,as we made eye contact.

He looked back in front of him,talking to the jestress and the angry salesman.

"(Y/N)?"

My mother's voice pulled me out of my thoughts,looking back and seeing her holding up the basket,as another man who was the owner waited for his payment.

I swallowed hard,looking back at the knight one last time before pulling out the pouch with coins,paying the man.

What was that feeling?