Chapter 9, The apprentice

/ First person Protagonist POV /

It had been almost two weeks since the day I had told Kylo Ren all I could remember, which wasn't much. Since then, I had been sent into what I like to call solitary confinement. Kylo had ordered I be sent to my small living quarters, and he hasn't spoken to me since then. For some reason, I can't help but feel, a little bit sad? I don't think Kylo Ren would be immature to avoid me, but he hasn't visited me for a long time, and he also has placed a Stormtrooper in front of my room door, to prevent me from getting out. It was weird, but I never complained, or talked. Not that there was anyone who walked into my room to discuss anyways. I was unknown. Nobody knew I existed.

It must have been very early in the morning, because I was barely starting to wake from a long night of sleep, when I heard the door of my room swing open. I almost yelled, but I knew it wasn't a good idea. Kylo Ren was inside my room. He had his mask on, but I had a feeling  he wasn't happy. He seemed... infuriated. I quickly stood up from my bed, but held to the side of the thin blanket tight, as if it would reassure me. 

"y/n." He said through the distortional voice that came out of his mask. " Be at the private head quarters in thirty minutes sharp. Not a second late." Is all Kylo said before storming out of the room, his cloak in the air gave him the impression to have vanished like a magician.

 I wouldn't question his motives, he seemed very inpatient this morning, and from the stories I had heard Syrin and Cyern Terrik from Mesoriaam say about the frightful First Order commander Kylo Ren, I was not going to keep him waiting. I hurried into the small bathroom and took a fast shower, not even bothering to dry my hair. Opening the ward drope, the amounts of black and grey clothes bothered me a lot, I didn't like wearing such darkened colors, but I picked a wool long sleeved shirt and black sport pants. I wore the typical black boots and headed out the door. Now, where is the bloody private head quarter. I whispered to myself. 

The stormtrooper that had guarded my door for the past two weeks made her presence clear. "Ma'am. I am OC-7234, commander Ren has ordered me to escort you to the private head quarters." She said, in a voice that lacked humanity and life even though she wore a helmet that made her sound robotic. I nodded and walked next to the soldier in white as she walked through different corridors, but they looked the same as the ones I had seen when I had first walked this Star Destroyer I had overheard someone call 'The Finalizer'. 

The stormtrooper and I arrived in front of a big black door, which opened automatically. I walked inside, but the trooper remained outside. It made me feel uncomfortable, to be alone, in a place I had never seen before. I halted in front of a large hallway that split into many directions and waited, unsure about what to do or where to go. That is when I felt a swoosh of air come from behind me, and the scent of fire wood and sea salt filled my nostrils; I knew Kylo Ren was standing behind me. 

"y/n, you are nine minutes early. I said thirty minutes sharp." Kylo said arrogantly. 

I could not believe what I heard. I had rushed through my morning only to be told that being early was unaxeptable. Kylo Ren was getting on my nerves. I furrowed my eyebrowns and dug my nails deep into the palms of my hands, trying not to snap, trying to not risk my life at doing something so careless. " Control your thoughts, y/n. I can hear them perfectly." Kylo said, surprisingly calmly even though I had just mentally insulted him. 

"Why am I here? After two weeks of isolation. I think I deserve an explanation." I said, surprisingly confident. I just hoped it wouldnt get me into trouble. Kylo remained silent, and placed his gloved hand behind his head. I heard the 'click' sound, and I knew he was taking off his mask.

Kylo let his mask rest leaned onto his inner arm and hip, while he placed a strand of his loose dark curl behind his ear. I felt relieved he took it off, not only because he was an incredible sight to look at, but now I felt as if I was addressing to a real human, and not a masked stranger. 

"Y/n, the reason I sent you off into your living quarters for the past days..." Kylo started saying, staring down the one way mirror of the hallway. Couple days? More like weeks! I thought. At that same instant, Kylo had turned and looked directly into my eyes, his dark brown ones seemed cold and heartless at that instant. "The thoughts, y/n. Loud and clear." He repeated. 

I opened my mouth but closed it again, it was better to remain  silent. Kylo turned back towards the one way mirror, but he was not looking at himself, instead, he just fixated a blank space on the glass. " As I was saying. I sent you into lockdown into your living quarters because I had to consult with... important people." Kylo said. "Important people?" I repeated. 

He slightly nodded and continued, " we had matters to discuss. One of those was about you." It had caught me off guard that Kylo Ren had talked about me, with meaningful people. " oh." Was all I could say, because my mind was puzzled and blank,

"We have agreed." Kylo said. "I will be training you."

"Training me?" I asked, confused. But deep down, I knew what he ment. 

" You will become my apprentice." Kylo Ren said, turning around and looking at me intensly and emotionlessly.