Chapter 16, Cherishes and promises

/ First Person POV / 

My mind was enclosed within itself. Rey had taught me to block my thoughts, to never let someone in. I was yet again, tied to the limbs on the metal surface of the cold room. But this time, Kylo Ren was not there, no one was. I was left in the solitude of my thoughts, waiting for a stormtrooper to pass by the corridor, but no one did, which surprised me and raised suspicion. It was getting very cold, I had begun to forget how frigid The Finalizer was, especially since I was still wearing the infirmary gown. I missed the heat from D'Qar.  I missed training with Rey even though I complained a lot, I yearned the safety I felt when I was there. 

A silhouette came inside the room and untied the straps from my limbs, I had recognized the trooper: OC- 7234, the only person to whom I had talked to while on The Finalizer apart from... Kylo Ren. " OC- 7234... please." I whispered. I hadn't noticed how weak I felt until I stood up and was pushed around many corridors once more, corridors that were all too familiar. OC- 7234 ignored me, of course, I wasn't expecting her to do anything else, she was a soldier following orders; a clone made for battle. In my little time on The Finalizer, there was only three directions I knew, and OC- 7234 was walking the same path I had when Kylo Ren had asked me to be his apprentice: She was dragging me to the private quarters.

I tried to fight back, to pull the opposite direction, but the stormtrooper was too strong for my debilitated self, and I was afraid to open the wound in my arm. We arrived in front of the big, self opening doors, which brought memories of a Kylo Ren I had seen once and was sure didn't exist anymore, to whom I had accepted an offer that became the biggest mistake of my life, allowing him to teach me the force. Cross that, I told myself. He wouldn't be able to teach me anything! He's too unstable, not like Rey. 

The big doors open, and I wanted nothing more than to close my eyes and run, but I wouldn't let him see the side of me that was frightened of him. I would only let him see the side that loathed him. I sunk my nails deep into my palms and tried to normal my breathing, I was coming face to face with the man who everyone called a monster, and as much as I didn't want to believe that, Kylo had confirmed those whispers true. When I had the bravery to look away from the ground and towards his mask, he wasn't there. I don't know if it was relief or even more fright that invaded me, but I didn't want to step inside the big corridor of the private quarters. 

" Go down that hall." OC- 7234 said, staying at the door. 

Of course, I didn't want to go, but the little conscience in me told me if I didn't, I would be in danger. That voice had saved me once, and I was certainly going to listen to it. I took discreet and soundless steps down the corridor, it was completely empty, apart from a couple  gray doors along the sides of the corridor, but at the end, there was a black metal door, and I had a feeling that is where I needed to go. As I was going to place my hand on the door, I felt my hair move because of an air current, and it brought the nice smell of the ocean and fire colliding, I knew he was standing in the same corridor. I could feel his presence fill the air. 

I turned around, and my heart stopped for a split second. Kylo Ren was standing not even two feet away from me, mask less and glancing at me with an intesified look. I couldn't do anything other than stare back into his eyes; General Leia's eyes. We stood there. Silent. It was terrifying, but at the same time, I felt so airy. It felt right. But it wasn't. Kylo had thrown me across a room, he had kidnapped me from the Resistance base id D'Qar, he had...

But in that instant, Kylo Ren had done nothing other than pull me into an embrace. He dug his face into my shoulder, into my messy hair and held me tighly. I couldn't breathe, what was happening. I winced in pain and he let me go, taking notice of the wound my arm had. Kylo remained silent and took my arm, examining my wound. This time, I could read his facial expressions, he looked so vulnerable and broken, it broke my heart. 

" Who did this to you?" He asked His tone was trembly, and lacked life, but not because he was cruel and cold hearted, rather tired, as if he hand't slept in days.

I pulled my arm away and whispered, " It's nothing. It was an accident with a... lightsaber." I looked away but he cupped my face with his gloved hand, forcing me to look at him. He had the same shimer in his eyes form when we had shared a special moment, in this same private quarter. When I had held his hand and he had held mine, remaining silent. 

Kylo pulled me into a tight hug again, this time being careful with my wound. I naturally leaned on his chest, hearing his heart beat as he rested his head on my shoulder. 

" Never leave me again." He whispered into my ear. "Please."