Chapter 58, Plans

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

I shot up from the mattress, I had no idea I had even fallen asleep in the first place. Jeez. My back is in agony. I lamented sarcastically as I stood up at stretched. What time is it? I asked myself as I walked into the small bathroom. It was very early, too early. I took a long, well deserved, steamy shower and stayed inside the tub even after I was done bathing: I had always found water soothing. For someone that was found on the desert like planet of Tatooine with no memory, water was an odd calmer, but I always had the feeling in the memories I couldn't remember, that I had always found water calming.

I wrapped a black towel around my body and stared at my reflection in the round mirror of the bathroom, and I could see someone physically identical to me, but it wasn't me anymore. So many things had happened to the scared girl found on Tatooine, and I wasn't even sure I was still that girl. It was almost a year ago that I was found by Syrin and Cyern Terrik, close to Mesoriaam, but I still remember it as if it had happened yesterday:

My first night in Mesoriaam was unforgettable: I had nightmares of the worse kind. It was also blurry, but yet, they seemed so real. I remember resting on the small leather bed of the hut Syrin had guided me to, and it had been hours since I had tried to sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, nightmarishly scenes appeared in my mind: there was so much dust and fumes, but I could see the blurred figures of bright sparks, like lightning, and I could hear the sickening yells of distinct people I couldn't see. Then there was a vivid voice calling my name, it was telling me to run away, to escape. 

I wanted to do as it said, but at the same time, I couldn't. In the nightmares, I wouldn't move a muscle. I just stood there and watched in horror what ever had happened. Every night, I had the same awful dream, and no one in Mesoriaam could help me. I couldn't speak, no matter how much I wanted to, no words would escape my mouth. I had overheard Syrin say it was because of the hit I received at the back of  my head, but I wasn't so sure.

Being in Mesoriaam felt so weird, and not only because I wasn't used to it, but it felt odd in every aspect possible. When I gained my ability to speak, I would overhear any Mesoriaam villager talking about how weird things were going on with me. I believed them, after all: I could hear them even if they were in a different hut of the village. I remember that morning, after two weeks of being in Mesoriaam, Syrin had entered the hut she had given me and immediately ran out, almost screaming. I can't even remember what had made her yell and run away, hell, I know that in that instant, I didn't even know I was doing something wrong. There's just a blank space, no memory, no nothing. 

I remember hours later, Cyern had ran into hut, and I tried to explain to him I had no idea what had happened, but he had only told me to be quiet. " Come with me and don't make a sound." Was all he had said before taking me by the arm and running out of the small shed. He had guided me somewhere on the near outskirts of Mesoriaam, there was an underground trapdoor that camouflaged perfectly with the rocky and dry ground. 

" Stay in here and do not make a sound." He had ordered as he locked the trap door and left me in the dark. I was frightened. No one had explained what was going on. The only other thing I can remember was the trap door swinging open violently, and a masked man had entered the small hideout. Hell, if I would've known that man would change my life forever.

I stared at my reflection once more, leaning on the small counter. "Y/n, today you are not yourself. You are the Crimson Hunter." I muttered to myself firmly as I furrowed my eyebrows at the mirror and left. I left the crimson Praetorian Guard robes neatly on the bed, and picked black clothing from a small wardrobe. If I'm still the bounty, I've got to let someone else find me. I planned out. If I bring myself in, somehow, it would look too suspicious, and Hux already doubts the Crimson Hunter

I put the red tunic on top of the black clothing that resembled my old attire from when I trained on The Finalizer and arranged my hair so it wouldn't show as I placed my mask and my hood over it. I just wish it will be Mando that finds me and not some other cold hearted and ruthless bounty hunter, I hoped. Who knows what others might do in means to find me. I... trust Mando enough for him to be the one hunting me, I joked as I headed for the door of the small room.

I suddenly felt Kylo's unique presence on the opposite side of the door. What is he doing here?! I shrieked silently.  I silently unlocked the door and Kylo's tall figure came rushing in, pushing me back into the room. He used the force to shut the door closed and held me in a tight embrace. " Kylo... W- what are you doing?!" I asked quietly. He didn't respond, he just dug his face into my hair as he usually did and towered over me. I couldn't help but hug him back, my arms wrapped around his neck. " I can't let you be the bounty, y/n. The bounty hunters I hired to get you are... ruthless." He muttered.  " You hired them to get me anyways." I told him, as I nestled myself in his strong arms. He sighted and tightened his grip at my waist a little bit. " I know. But do you have any idea how risky it is for you to get hunted down like this? They'll find out you're the Crimson Hunter."

 I remained silent: Kylo was right. I released the hug and stared at him: he looked so vulnerable, so scared. I hated seeing him like this, as if all his walls had fallen. Anyone could hurt him in that phase he's in, and the idea sickened me. " Kylo Ren. You are the bravest and smartest man I know. I know you've planned something, and it will work." I said, trying to cup his face with my hands, but he was pretty tall. " And... I've got a plan of my own." I added. 

Kylo looked at me intensely and laid a soft kiss on my lips. " Be careful, y/n. Don't die." He said a little coldly, but I knew the words had so much emotion in them. Kylo headed for the door of my room, and as he was about to leave, he turned around, and stared at me again, with insecurity and uncertainty in his stare, he was doubting his plan.

I smiled at him gently and placed my mask back on my face, " Don't worry, Supreme Leader, I won't die." 

------------------------------------------------------------

I know I've said this before, but I will say it again: I LOVE KYLO SCENES SO MUCH. AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE THE NEXT CHAPTERS WITH ALL OF YOU!

Yet again, we got a little flash back on the past of the main character, and this time, with a blurry memory... I just spoiled that, didn't I? I mean, I'm pretty sure you had maybe assumed the blurry nightmares were a memory, but if you didn't, I just spoiled. Sorry.

I am super exited for what's coming very soon! I'm so impatient to get to another big event in the story! (I'll stop  writing now, I feel like I can't stop hinting future stuff in the book, lol) I can't believe I am almost at 60 chapters! When did that even happen?!

Thank you so much for all your support with my story, it means so much to me to know a lot of you are enjoying the fanfiction! I wish the best to each and every one of you!

- Camille