Chapter 117, Mithus Kothari

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

Mithus stood up out of shock and swiftly slid his hand behind him, taking out a blaster I knew he always kept at the back of his belt. Before he could shoot me, I used the force to free the blaster from his grip, and it came flying to my hand.

" I wouldn't try anything, Kothari. It would be useless." I tried not to smirk, even if I thought what I had just done was totally badass, and I was impressed with myself. 

Ok, y/n. Concentrate. Don't think so highly of yourself, we know how that usually turns out. I rolled my eyes at myself, focusing on Mithus to see if he had any other weapons or a method of communicating with his guardsmen. 

" Who the hell are you?" He asked, almost sounding unworried that I was now the one pointing a blaster at him. 

" Let's just say I'm... an old friend." I smiled devilishly, but in my mind, I face palmed dramatically from the embarrassment I was saying. " Right. That doesn't answer my question, lass." Mithus rolled his eyes. Damn, he really knows how to handle a situation like this, I commented to myself, loosing a little bit of my confidence from having the upper hand. 

" I have no reason to answer, Kothari. If I were you, I'd stop talking." I said, trying to sound as threatening as possible, hoping it would work. So just incase I wasn't convincing enough, I tightened the grip on his blaster and pointed it straight at his head.

" You come barging into my lair and expect me to back down and let you lead the talk? What type of 'old friend' are ya?" Mithus responded sarcastically. " But I've got to admit, you getting in here unseen is quite impressive."

I lifted one of my eyebrows in confusion. This man is winning time by distracting me, or he's just really out of his mind. " You should hire better men to keep you safe, I suppose." I tagged along to his type of conversation. Two can play the game, Kothari. I mentally told him. 

" Aye. I'll keep that in mind." He responded in the same sarcastic tone. 

Mithus walked from behind his desk, and I followed his figure with the blaster, locking eyes with him. As Kylo had taught me before: the opponents eyes say it all. Every next move and intention. 

I sighed remembering him, I missed Kylo so much already, knowing I'd not see him in a long time, if I ever got to see him again. But I knew I had to let that chapter of my life behind me, but I couldn't let Kylo go, he was the only thing I held dearly, and keeping the memories of him meant holding onto the ones of the past year. Snap out of it, y/n! Concentrate on the present. Focus on Mithus and this possible life threatening stupid decision! No big deal. I laughed nervously interiorly. 

The crime lord in front of me sat on top of his desk, tossing the coins that were on top to the side. He grabbed a cup from the corner of his table and stirred the drink by moving the mug. " So tell me, 'old friend'." He cleared his throat. " I can tell by now that insisting to know your identity is pointless. So, tell me what the heck you want." Mithus said casually. 

At this point I'm not even surprised about his carefreeness, I sighed. " I'm glad you know what's important to discuss, Mithus." I stated, walking a couple yards towards him. 

" Considering I have a blaster pointed right at my brains, I'd say it's the right thing to do." He shrugged, taking a sip of his drink. 

" Indeed it is." I affirmed. " I won't let you drown in doubt any longer, I'd rather get straight to the point so I can get the hell out of your rusty lair." I huffed, remembering how business with Mithus was done: I had to let him know my place.