Chapter 13, Rescue

/ First person Protagonist POV /

OC- 7234 had managed to help me walk to my room with little difficulty, and I was relieved to know Kylo Ren hadn't followed behind, wanting to apologize. But why would he? He was the head commander of the First Order, after all. he had no need to apologize for anything. I rolled my eyes at the thought of his name. " Thank you OC- 7234. You don't have to stay at my door." I said, leaning on my desk. "But ma'am, commander R-" The stormtrooper had started saying, but I interrupted. " Go. With my wounds and pain, I won't be going anywhere in a while. Either way, I wish to be in the outright solitude, please." I told OC- 7234. I could tell the stormtrooper was hesitant, and scared of what could happen if Kylo Ren found out. 

" Do not worry, I will... handle Kylo Ren." I added. That seemed to calm her down a bit. " You're order is my doing ma'am. I will return for when it is time to dine?" I nodded at the trooper who walked down the long, white corridor of The Finalizer and closed my door. The pain was unbearable. I made my way to my bed and flopped on it pitifully. I didn't want to see anyone, especially not Kylo. It was humiliating, but bigger than that, I had witnessed what his anger and incontrolable emotions did to him. I had first hand experience with a Kylo Ren I had tried to convince myself didn't exist, but the truth was clear. 

I was exhausted, my back had probably started bruising, and my body ached a lot. But the worse pain of all was the one in my head and heart. I could not stop replaying two scenes in my mind: the sweet and warm moment in which me and Kylo had... connected in some sort. And the other was the excruciating pain of hitting the metal wall and stumbling to the ground. I couldn't believe it was the same Kylo Ren that had done both of those, in one day difference. I had decided to drift to sleep to make the day go by faster and let my body rest, and it wasn't so difficult. I was tired. But I wasn't sure what for.

/ Time Skip /

There were different kinds of sounds outside, but my brain was half asleep, and I didn't pay much attention. The noise was preventing me from getting the rest I didn't need, but rather wanted, to help forget. I placed my pillow above my head and tried to fall back asleep when my door slammed open. It took me a second to identify the sound, but I only knew one person who would ever storm into a living quarter like he owned the place: Kylo Ren.

I lifted my head up from the pillow and raised my voice, " Get out of my room. I do not want to see you, in a very long time." I opened my eyes, but the person at the door wasn't Kylo. It was a young woman, who held in her hand... a blue lightsaber. I stared at her with eyes open as I noticed the sounds outside my room where coming from blasters and people yelling indistinctively. " Quick. Get up, we have to go!" The female said, motioning her head for me to follow her. " Who are you?" I asked, while standing up. " My name is Rey." The woman answered as she deflected a blast from a trooper. " Can we introduce ourselves once we are safe? For now, you've got to follow me." She ordered.

I didn't hesitate to run behind Rey. After what had happened with Kylo hours earlier, I wanted to leave this place and go far, far away. " Wait!" I shrieked, as Rey stopped running. " Lightsaber! I- I know where to get one!" I stuttered and started running down a corridor as Rey followed, she didn't really have an option. In a normal situation, I would have definitely gotten lost in the endless halls of The Finalizer, but with my life at risk, I knew exactly where to go. I ran with Rey beside me as we got to the room where Kylo had brought me the first time I had been free and awake on the star destroyer. I ran to where he had left my brown leather bag and took it, running back to Rey and taking the lightsaber handle from the bag.

" Do you know how to yield a lightsaber?" Rey asked, beginning to run down more corridors, as if she knew The Finalizer by memory. " Sort of." I replied, while emitting the green blade. We ran some more until we arrived at a sort of big terrace with an opening into space. There were many ships, but one of them caught my eye: it was old looking and a couple people with a Wookiee fighting off stormtroopers. 

" Rey!" A man had yelled from the ship as he ran back inside. The spacecraft's engines started glowing, and Rey held my arm and started running between the blasts of stormtroopers and the people on the spaceship. I looked back, and I could hear another lightsaber being ignited, this could only mean one thing: Kylo Ren was in this same takeoff terrace. I started running independently, straight into the spaceship, that took off as Rey hopped on it as well. As the doors of the ship were closing, I could see Kylo's dark figure running with his lightsaber open towards the edge of the takeoff platform, alas too late.

I turned back, to see who had been crazy enough to infiltrate the star destroyer and take me from it. Inside were a couple people who catched their breaths. " Who are you?" I asked, while closing the blade of the green lightsaber. The strangers looked at each other as one of them stepped forward. " My name is Poe Dameron. And we are the Resistance."