Chapter 94, Busted

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

My eyes widened once more to a point I never knew humanly possible, but I shortly after noticed I was letting my emotions and reactions show too much, and as a Knight of Ren, it was a dangerous thing to do, especially around someone like Leone: that seemed to always know every rumor going on and always had a rumor to share. I also couldn't let Leone see how much her words affected me. My mind had stopped buzzing with all the questions I had about her being here in Lake Country for the 'business' disagreements Kylo had pending with an important noble of the country. Instead, my thoughts were focused on one thing and one thing only: It's a trap.

What the actual fu- I started saying, when I suddenly was hit by a wave of realization: how did Leone know about the mole in the Final Order? I thought the high rankers had kept it a secret, so they wouldn't look weak and wouldn't get the word spread out across the galaxy of an insider provoking a sudden rise in hope with the people, I remembered. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly as I fixed my posture and acted as normal as I could.

Something is not right here, I told myself as I looked around the balcony without my head moving, only letting my eyes drift from side to side. I need find out what's going on.

" Beautiful evening, isn't it?" I ask Leone, turning my back to her and staring out into the almost disappearing sunset of Lake Country as I leaned my forearms on the marble balcony's edge. She didn't respond, probably startled I didn't even take what she had just told me into major consideration, which I secretly did, but I wouldn't let her know.

Being a part of the Knights of Ren and having to incarnate the Crimson Hunter for so long had brought great benefice in situations like these, I had learned many mental tricks to enter and mess with someone's mind without the use of the force, like Kylo had done to me once. There were a couple easy steps, which weren't as simple to master as one might think, in the art of manipulation to extract information in the most unsuspicious way possible.

That had just been the start of step one: Confuse the opponent. 

" I know I'll be looking forward to coming here more often, away from the battle, not that I don't like it, but it is magnificent here." I told Leone, trying to make her believe I was sympathizing. " You are of great luck to have lived most of your life with a landscape like this." 

" I suppose so, Knight y/n of Ren." Leone babbled out, she too trying to sound as smooth and casual as possible. " Have you stared at these sunsets often?" I questioned her, turning only my head around to look at the young nurse. She took a strand of her black hair that had came undo from her tight bun and placed it behind her ear, obviously feeling uncomfortable by the situation. " Only when I was young. I really can't get enough of them, though. Not even after years and countless nights of staring at the same sunset." Leone told me, obviously not going to be easy to manipulate, but I knew I could.

Step two is very easy if you know what you're doing: take control, and the upper hand of the conversation in a subtle way, making the enemy believe they are the ones taking over the power over you. 

" Let's quiet down for a second, do you mind, Leone Odan? I would really like to listen to the last chirping birds of the day." I asked her, with the greatest fake smile slammed on my face. She shook her head and remained awkwardly standing a couple yards behind me with her hands behind her back, standing like a soldier, a little bit like Hux would stand. 

Ok, y/n. Think. I told myself as I closed my eyes and focused on nothing more than my thoughts; not even the peaceful sound of the birds that I had longed to hear for a very long time. You've done this before while working for Mithus Kothari and with Ap'lek and the other knights, you can easily extract information from a low ranking and young nurse, I encouraged myself as I turned completely around, so I would be facing Leone.

" Leone, about what you said." I started stating, changing my voice tone so I sounded shaky and lost.  Her eyes seemed to shine mischievously in a type of mental victory for a couple of seconds, she didn't know how to hide the emotions shown in her honey irises, which gave me a huge upper hand and made things simply easier. 

" Yes, Knight y/n of Ren?" She asked, worriedly, but it sounded very fake. 

" I- I think you're right." I said, looking down at my boots and trying my best to contain a bark of laughter that was in my throat. If Leone believed my act, she could be the most gullible person I had ever met, or maybe I was just very good at putting up a façade. " Ky- The Supreme Leader," I interrupted myself, "has been acting a little bit more... suspicious since he forced me to join the Knights of Ren." I said, almost sounding so dramatic I couldn't help but side smile, so I looked away.

" You mean, he's been trying to keep you close to him? To keep an eye on you?" She asked me, obviously thinking the roles in this conversation had changed, because now she was the one asking questions to me, and I had forced my face to look vulnerable and weak. I nodded slowly and turned back to look at Leone, not feeling the need to explode in laughter by how easy this all was.

" You see what I'm telling you, Knight y/n of Ren? What I overheard Allegiant General Pryde tell another general might be true, after all." Leone said, approaching me and placing a hand on my shoulder. 

And now came the grand finale, step three: Getting the exact information I wanted, given willingly by the victim of my amazing manipulative skills, in this case: Leone Odan, the innocent looking nurse, which I knew was hiding more than she appeared to. 

" Why are you helping me, Leone Odan?" I asked her miserably, wanting to get to the bottom of this as soon as I could, something might be being plotted as we spoke, and I couldn't risk taking my time. She skimmed the balcony, as if to make sure there was no one around before locking eyes with me. " Because, Knight y/n of Ren. There are people in the galaxy and in the Order that want to take Kylo Ren down, don't you? With the trap you're being pulled into, towards a certain death." 

My eyes widened as I took a discreet step towards her. She did not just reveal her whole plan to me right now. I was baffled, with my lips slightly parted. Leone can't be that foolish. She just revealed a whole conspiracy within the order to a Knight of Ren, thinking I would believe the lies of Kylo wanting me dead. I told myself, as I looked towards the side of the balcony behind her.

" Leone Odan." I said, not being able to contain a mischievous and wicked smile from forming. " You should really begin by addressing your superiors by their titles, you know?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not even sure if y/n is a manipulative master, of if Leone is just blinded by Hux's almost flawless complot, but like. LEONE, YOU DUMB. 

I know, this chapter was supposed to be published February 12th, but I fell asleep and then I had to do some assignments I had pending, cause I'm a procrastinating professional, so... Here ya go, a couple hours late and it's already the next day. 

I liked this chapter, and I can't wait to share what will happen to you and Leone, and like, everyone else. 

Best regards!

- Camille