Chapter 142, Plan

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

Me and Ben had left the soaked trench towards a safer place inside the Death Star ruins. We knew we couldn't return to where Poe, Finn, Jannah and the rest of Company 77 where. They wouldn't be able to understand that he'd been redeemed. They couldn't feel the light in him like I could.

When we reached an enclosed area, I sat down on a large piece of debris as he leaned on a wall. We didn't have a plan, or at least I didn't, which I never liked to admit. I was used to making plans quickly, and not having one right now made me feel a little useless. " Ben, do you have a plan?"

He nodded and sighed. " You're not going to like it though."

" Oh come on. It can't be that bad. Trust me, I wouldn't be surprised if it was to use pieces of the Death Star to make a sea skiff fly." I joked and crossed my arms. 

" You are an odd person." Ben chuckled, walking over towards me. " One of the many things I love about you."

I smiled and grabbed his hand in mine, stroking his palm with my thumb. " Thank you for saying that, but you're not changing the subject by complimenting me."

He rolled his eyes. " I am not changing the subject." Ben defended. " I'm just trying to find a way to say it so it doesn't sound completely crazy."

" Maybe a crazy plan is what we need right now, though." I shrugged. Ben sighed. " There is a way we could get out of here, but I warned you, you're not going to like the plan one bit."

" Just say it already." I huffed. 

" The First Order." 

" What?!" I shrieked. " The First Order?"

Ben nodded. " I have a way to communicate with them. I can order TIE fighters to be brought to Kef Bir. We can get out of here with those. They're fast, agile, and we both know how to fly them."

" That's true. But how do you expect this to work?" I cocked my eyebrow. " I mean, you're not their supreme leader now, and I'm not a part of the First Order anymore ever since I left on Naboo."

" They don't know that." He hummed. " The Order doesn't know Kylo Ren is dead. At least not yet. And about you, I - I told the generals you'd been sent on a mission alone."

" You did what?! Why?!" I asked, standing up. 

" Don't be mad at me, love. I did it so you wouldn't be in trouble with the First Order. You know what they did to Hux, I wouldn't want that happening to you. I didn't want you to be forced into hiding as we looked for you all over the galaxy." Ben sighed, grabbing my hands in his. 

I looked up at him. " I'm not mad at you, Ben. Thank you. I didn't think of it in that way." I smiled. " And about your plan, you're right: they don't know. It might work."

" Very well." He nodded and took a First Order transmitter that had been attached to his belt, fidgeting with it. 

" Wait, Ben." I interrupted him before he sent the location to the First Order. " Wait for a couple minutes, please. The resistance is still here. Please wait until they leave. After seeing your TIE fighter fly off, I know they've assumed me and Rey have left."

" Of course." Ben said. " I was about to send our location, but I'll wait."

I sighed in relief and jogged towards a hole in the wall of the Death Star, which allowed me to see towards the large cliff where I knew Poe, Finn and Company 77 where with the Falcon. It was far off, but I could see the ship take off and leave Kef Bir in an instant. 

" Alright. You can do it. They've left." I instructed, and Ben set his transmitter into a sort of tracking mode for the First Order. " What will happen now?" I asked as I walked back towards him.

" Now we wait." Ben hummed as he sat on the cold floor and leaned back against the wall of the Death Star. " The message was sent to the Steadfast, and taking into consideration that it's still around the Naboo system, it might take a while, not too long though."

" The Steadfast?" I repeated, sitting down next to Ben. " That's general Pryde's star destroyer, am I right?"

He nodded. I chuckled at what I was going to say next. " You do know that star destroyer attacked me on the way out of Naboo?"

Ben jerked his face in my direction with his eyes widened. " Pardon?"

" It did. Before your message reached the Steadfast. Honestly, it was a warm farewell." I laughed. " Nothing I couldn't handle, though. You should've seen my landing. It was iconic."

" I'm not sure we'll agree on the definition of iconic." He grumbled and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, stroking my forearm with his hand. 

" Probably not." I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, feeling as Ben leaned his head on mine as well. " This is nice." I smiled. 

" Yes. If we weren't on the ruins of a super weapon waiting for the enemy to furnish us ships to defeat the Emperor." Be chuckled. 

" Really, Ben? Really?" I huffed. 

" I'm using reverse psychology on myself." He explained. " To block out how frightened I actually am."
I leaned back and stared at him, locking eyes. " It's alright to be scared, you know? I think that if you weren't scared, that would be concerning. What we're going to do is risky, and the odds are against us." I reassured, placing my hand on his cheek. " I'm not afraid of going to Exegol, y/n. I'm afraid of losing you."

I gave Ben a soft kiss on his lips and shook my head. " You wont lose me, silly. I'm scared that something will happen to you as well, but we're strong, and together we're even stronger." I said. " Plus, we're not alone. There's the resistance, and we've got allies from all over the galaxy. They'll be counting on us just as much as we'll be counting on them."

Ben nodded, and the both of us stood up as we heard the sound of incoming TIE fighters fly above the Death Star. " What did you tell them to do?" 

" They'll secure the TIE fighters to the trench and then leave." He replied. walking towards the same trench him and Rey had dueled not long ago, where indeed, two TIE fighters had landed. " You still remember how to fly them, right?"

" Oh, come on, Ben. Give me some credit here. I'm an excellent pilot. I've learned from the best." I smirked as the both of us walked into the soaking ruins towards the space ships. " Wait. How will we get to Exegol?" I asked as Ben was about to climb aboard his ship. " Rey took the Sith way finder."

" Thank my perfect memory for existing. I know how to get there." Ben brushed his hand through his wet hair. 

" I'll follow you then. You better not be wrong about the way." I joked and climbed aboard my TIE fighter as Ben did the same. The ship was comfortable as I'd remembered it to be. I had always liked flying TIE fighters, since I became good at it.

I followed his ship out of Kef Bir, and as we exited the atmosphere of the planet and floated in space, I took the time to put on the headset connected to Ben's. 

" Can you hear me?" I asked through the comlink.

" Loud and clear." Ben's voice sounded in the headset perfectly. 

" I love you Ben. We'll be together, alright?" I reassured one more time.

" I love you too. More than there are stars in the galaxy." He replied. " In this life or the next."

" You bet. In this life or the next."