Chapter 96, Punctured

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

( Time: unknown ) ( Location: unknown ) 

I woke up from a sharp pain radiating through my body, but I couldn't place a specific location from where the pain came from, even if I started to remember vividly. I noticed I wasn't actually awake: I could barely feel any of my limbs, and my vision was completely blacked out, even if I was sure I had my eyes open. Leone Odan... I pondered. A sense of relief and closure filled me, as I knew Leone wouldn't be able to get away with it, even if it was because of me, I felt reassured, and not guilty nor sad. 

Ah crap, what the hell did I get myself into now, again? I asked myself, trying to move any of my limbs, even if it was just a finger, but I couldn't. It was as if all my nervous system had shut down and my brain couldn't control my body. Conscience? You there? I pondered, in hopes it could maybe tell me what was happening or where I am.

No answer.

Of course, why am I not surprised? I'm going bloody crazy, that's for sure. I rolled my eyes mentally and tried to relax my mind, to calm down the only thing I could feel to attempt to regain full consciousness. 

Images of the last couple things I remembered slid through my mind: scenes of me talking to Kylo, and how he had promised he and I would peacefully live on an island in Lake Country some day. As well as less pleasant memories, of Leone trying to deceive me by telling me Kylo was conspiring against me, when in reality, it was her and the Final Order insider. She sure knew how to ruin a perfect evening with a breathtaking view, I tried joking to myself, feeling my mind slowly drift to unconsciousness again.

" A punctured lung?!" Roared a voice, waking me up from a painful knock out. It came from somewhere near me, and even though I was awake- sort of, I couldn't see anything. " A PUNCTURED LUNG?!" They yelled again, this time louder. " Someone care to tell me why one of my Knights of Ren has a bloody punctured lung?!"

My head hurts, would you stop yelling... I tried mumbling in complaint, but no words would escape my mouth, it had all came out as a thought. What in the right world happened? I asked myself, trying to remember the events that had happened before I ended up here. " Wait a second. Where the hell am I?!" This time, it did come out as a loud observation. 

I still couldn't see much, except for bright spots and blurry figures appearing in my view range as my eyes started to adjust to the brightness of the room. I swear that if it's a hospital wing, I will go blind, I rolled my eyes mentally.

My eyes started opening slowly, and I could make out the figure dressed in all black of Kylo, who was talking- rather yelling at a medical droid. I started moving slightly around the comfortable bed I was in, which caught the attention of Kylo, who stopped erupting in anger at the robot and turned to look at me, with worry and relief in his eyes. 

Oh. My. Gosh... It's a freaking hospital wing, I lamented as my poor eyes met the horrendously bright lighting of the roof. My irises are melting. I complained exaggeratedly as I looked away from the roof, leaving purple and green spots in my vision, which slowly faded away.

" Leave." He ordered the droid as it made its way out of the room. 

As soon as the automatic doors closed behind the door, Kylo ran up to the side of my bed and took my hand, squeezing it in his. I wanted to hug him, because I honestly didn't think I would've gotten out of this incident as easily as I had with Givu Djarggi. The tubes all around my body, the bandages, and the breathing apparatus didn't let me move much, but I could still painfully turn my head so I would be facing Kylo's complex eyes.

" Hi." I muttered, wanting to sound sweet, but the pain in my throat made it come out sounding rude.

" Don't 'hi' me right now! Are you crazy?!" Kylo asked me a little bit loudly, but not in an angry way, he was relieved, I could see it in the soft side smile of his. " I probably am." I joked as I returned the grin, in hopes he could see it through the breathing apparatus on my face. " Why would you do that? You're foolish, do you know that? You acted without thinking, and got hurt... again." He told me, ignoring my humor and placing his right gloved hand on my cheek, saddened.

" Geez. Sorry for trying to save your ass." I rolled my eyes both literally and metaphorically.

Kylo stood up, and raised one of his eyebrows in confusion. " Care to elaborate how getting yourself stabbed- oh and by the way: GETTING A PUNCTURED LUNG, saved me?" He roared a little bit sarcastically, but he was worried as hell. " You could've died, y/n! And if anything would've happened to you, I swear I-" Kylo started saying as I placed my index finger on his lips, so he could be quiet.

" Stop, Kylo. You're stressing too much." I reassured him. " I'm here now, and Leone Odan wont be able to do anything anymore. Plus, it isn't the first time I get stabbed, so I think I'll survive." I joked.

" You're not invincible, y/n."

" Oh but I am! I'm unstoppable!!!" I exclaimed wickedly, Kylo only rolled his eyes. Of course he did.

" Tell me, y/n. How in the world did a nurse, I repeat: a nurse, stab you: a Knight of Ren?" Kylo asked. He's trying to annoy me! With that devilish and cocky smile of his... and his handsome face and- GEEZ Y/N, SNAP OUT OF IT! I commanded myself as I mentally slapped my brain. 

" She was undercover." I replied, which probably was the truth, but I wasn't sure. " She was working for the insider, wanting to turn me against you, so I could help take you down." I reached for Kylo's hand and intertwined our fingers together. 

" He's lucky he's dead."  Kylo muttered hatefully under his breath. 

" Dead? Wait- who is dead?" I asked, trying to sit up, but it was in vain. 

" The mole in the Order. Allegiant General Pryde found who it was after he let three Resistance members escape." Kylo told me. " AND WHEN EXACTLY DID THIS HAPPEN?!" I roared, a little bit annoyed no one had told me earlier. " Two days ago." 

" Oh. OH. And you didn't want to, I don't know: tell me?!" I sarcastically spat, acting like a spoiled child. " I couldn't exactly tell you, y/n. Your a Knight of Ren, you don't have to be aware of everything, unless it includes a mission or my safety." Kylo shot back coldly. 

I didn't have the patience to be angry at him, so I just rolled my eyes. " It kind of does have to do with your safety." I mumbled. " Hey, y/n?" Kylo said, catching my attention as I turned back to look at him. " Do you not want to know who the insider is?" He asked me.

"Of course I want to know!" I said as my curiosity overcame my injuries and I sat up, not paying attention to how painful it was for my chest to do so. 

" Armitage Hux." Kylo told me casually, as if it was completely normal that one of his highest ranking generals had conspired against him.

" Hux?!"