Chapter 26, Poe Dameron: Hostage

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

Kylo was angry. Hell, he was furious. As his command shuttle took off from The Supremacy, he had taken off his helmet and thrown it on the ground, yelling. I wondered why he was so outraged; It would not affect him anyways. He had officially gotten rid of me. Why not leave me on The Supremacy, after all?! Not like he wants to be around me anyways. And not like he will have the choice not to be around me soon, I told myself.

  I just stood in front of Kylo, staring at him as he released his anger, once again. You are not afraid of him, I reminded myself. But this time, I didn't need to convince myself about that, because I was frightened of something else: The Elite Praetorian Guards. The dark scenery of the Praetorian Guard killing his companion with no hesitancy, and how Supreme Leader Snoke wanted to brainwash me into becoming one of those heartless and ruthless elite bodyguards. 

I sat down calmly on a bench and paid attention to Kylo once again, as his anger release had ended. I surprised myself: I hadn't budged from the spot I stood at, my eyes hadn't filled with tears and my breathing was normal, which was not the typical reaction I would have had in front of an infuriated Kylo Ren. What Snoke had said had made its way to my mind, She would be suitable. Suitable to become a Praetorian Guard? If that was the case, there was no place to be scared. I didn't want to be scared. 

" Why were you with Hux?" Came the voice of Kylo, unexpectedly. 

I turned towards him. Unbelievable! I pondered. The Supreme Leader had ordered to kill one of his bodyguards so I could replace him, and all he cares about is Hux?! " Pardon?" I asked, trying to contain the anger in my words. Kylo unlit his lightsaber and stared at me with his typical angry look. " You heard me, y/n. I told I didn't want to see you around him." Was all he said. This time, I didn't care if he was my superior or an angry Sith Knight, and my blood started to boil. " Excuse me Kylo?! You have no right to tell me what to do and what not to do! Shall I remind you that you left? Without a word, for months!" I yelled. He was being ridiculous! He didn't care at all what would happen to me. Kylo remained silent for a couple seconds, and I knew he wasn't going to answer at all. I was so enraged by him, and his carelessness, I had forgotten how relieved and happy I had been minutes ago to see him. 

" How can you be so, so... selfish?!" Was all I said to him as I left to another part of the ship. 

After minutes of being in solitude, I started to feel somber. The only thing I wanted these past few months was to see Kylo walk through the doors of The Finalizer's training louge and let me apologize for what I had done. All I had wanted was to hug the last breath out of him and beg for forgiveness, plead for him not to leave me, just how he had done so many months ago. I held my head with my hands as a betraying tear rolled down my cheek. I didn't regret telling Kylo a piece of my mind, but I did regret yelling it to him. He did deserve me to tell him he was acting ridiculous, but anger had taken the best of me, and I had also behaved wrongly. 

/ Time skip /

The command shuttle had landed in The Finalizer, and I couldn't wait to get off the small aircraft that enclosed so much tension in the air. I didn't see Kylo leave his command shuttle, but I knew were to go on my own. We forgot Hux on The Supremacy! I reminded myself, as I had remembered her had guided me around the Supreme Leader's spaceship. I remembered how unconfortable and almost... scared he had looked inside the ship, and the thought of leaving him there made me feel guilt, but also had made me grin of amusement. 

As I walked down the halls of The Finalizer, something was odd, but maybe it was just the shock of the return from a frigid unknown ship into a familiar atmosphere. I was heading towards my living quarters when I came across the corridor that led towards the Training Lounge, and by instinct, I decided to change my route and follow down the other path. As I got to the doors, I could feel the presence of Captain Phasma, which surprised me: I had thought she would be in the command room. 

I pushed the door opened and saw she was shooting various targets at once with her blaster; she was really agile. I thought I had been silent and discrete enough, but her fire ceased and she turned towards me. " The apprentice is back. Here for more 'torture' training, are you, y/n?" She asked with a mockerish tone. " You knew, didn't you?" I asked, ignoring her sarcastic remark. " You knew The Supreme Leader wanted me to become a Praetorian Guard. That is why you trained me unbelievably difficultly, right, Captain?" 

Captain Phasma remained quiet, but her silence gave her away. She had been aware, and my obseration was right. I scoffed and and shook my head as I turned around and left the lounge. I could yet again feel the bizzare feeling that filled The Finalizer, but I ingored it. I wanted to see nobody. They had all lied to me, and dishonesty angered me to no end. As I arrived in front of the doors to my living quarters, I noticed it was not the same stormtrooper guarding it. 

" Where is OC- 7234?" I asked the trooper at my door.

" Shot and dead, ma'am." He replied. " I'm ZE- 8592, assigned to be you're door guard." OC- 7234... Shot and dead?! I thought. " What happened here?" I asked the trooper. But he remained silent. I wanted answers, and if he wouldn't respond when I asked politely, I had to use threat. " ZE- 8592, as your superior, I demand aswers." He shifted unconfortably, and I knew he had to comply. " Resistance. But we managed to capture one, a pilot. We believe he might be a sub commander." He said robotically. A sub commanding pilot?  " Do you have the name of the prisoner?" I asked, trying to sound as serious and casual as I could.

" Poe Dameron, ma'am." 

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello to all of you! Hope you are enjoying the story so far! 

I feel the last couple chapters were good, but not as suitable as the rest! The thing is, it is a big transition in the life of our protagonist, and well, nothing will ever be the same! 

I mean... A Praetorian Guard? Pretty big change, but every event like this one in the story has its meaning and inpact for future events in upcoming chapters! 

I feel like right now, our protagonist and Kylo's relationship as taken a turn for the worse, but at the same time, as we read in our protagonist's POV, it makes her miss him more, want to be with him more. So for all of you readers who yearn for more Kylo action, do not worry! For it is soon to come! 

It means so much that I have reads from all over the planet! It warms my heart to know that many of you like this story! I hope you have a wonderful day/night!

I wish the best to all of you!

- Camille