Chapter 48, The Crimson Hunter

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

( One month later )

I dragged the man by his tied arms across the polished floors of the underground palace owned by Mithus Kothari, a disgustingly arrogant man I had met in The Poison Pit cantina about a month ago. That bastard had offered me to do some jobs for him here and there, and with the amount of money he offered, I couldn't decline. I was in a pretty bad situation back then: I had just fled the First Order in an escape pod towards Nal Hutta, and I was stuck in the criminal planet. A month, y/n. I told myself as I pushed the man onto his knees in front of me. A whole month stuck in this rat hole, and still not enough to get the hell out of here. 

From the shadows of his own building, Mithus Kothari and a few of his imposingly huge men appeared. He had his cocky grin plastered on his bearded face, and I secretly rolled my eyes. I hated him. I hated him and his disgusting criminal business, but I didn't mind his money.

" Ah! The Crimson hunter has returned!" He exclaimed as he opened his arms widely, as a welcoming. 

I hadn't told him my name, it would've been too risky, Mithus is a traitor and a coward, he wouldn't hesitate to turn me in to the First Order if they were still looking for me. " Job's done, Kothari. Now pay up, so I can leave your underground hell hole." I told him straight forward, with my mask making my voice sound more threatening. " Always so... rude, C.H." He said mockingly. I hate that nickname. He refers to me as the initials of my pseudonym, but of course, for Mithus, I was nothing more than a rat doing his dirty work. 

" Kothari, I said, pay up." I insisted once more, extending my hand for him to pay me. He rolled his eyes with a chuckle and reached inside his pocket, taking a bag of coins and dropping it carelessly on my gloved hand. " You're no fun." He said. " I have another one for you." Mithus said, as he gave me a parchment with somebody's face imprinted on it. " Are you serious? This baby faced man? What'd this one do to you? Look at how ugly your shoes are?" I joked as I stared at the face Mithus had ordered me to hunt. 

" Oh and, C.H? Catch em' quick. You're coming to dinner here tonight, there are some... very important people I've invited, and maybe they'd like doing business with you. Of course, as long as they don't steal my best bounty hunter." He said, ignoring my comment. " I'm not your bounty hunter, Mithus, and I'm not one to betray who helped me first, I ain't no traitor, unlike you." I said arrogantly. 

"And no. Thanks for the invite, Kothari, but I don't like to dine with scums like you." I replied, while putting the bag of coins in my robe's pocket and turning around, a hand reaching for my bum. 

I turned around swiftly and grabbed the arm of whoever had dared lay a hand on me, it was one of Mithus' men. I swear I would've broke his arm, but it could be bad for my business. I jabbed his arm behind his back and twisted it painfully. I shot a killer look towards Mithus, who didn't even budge at the sight of one of his bodyguard's painfully on his knees. 

" Tell your dogs to keep their hands to themselves, Kothari. I won't let this type of behavior go unattended so easily, next time. But there won't be a next time." I ordered as I let go of the man's arm and walked away.

" I'll see you tonight Crimson Hunter!" Mithus exclaimed as he let out an annoying laugh. What a jerk. I told myself as I took the rusty elevator back to the surface of Nal Hutta. 

This wasn't the life I had yearned for when I wanted to escape the First Order. I had in mind settling in a little jungle, or with a tribe somewhere no one would come looking for me. But I had to do what I needed to survive, even if that meant becoming a bounty hunter for disgusting men like Mithus Kothari. But in this fugitive life, it would never be bright and jolly. 

The good thing was, I was good at what I did. Some would've said it's a natural talent of mine: to find people, to hunt them down. 

I rearranged my hood over my head and part of my face as I stepped into the crowds of Jiguuna. People stepped to the side as they saw me walk by: I had made quite the reputation in the city, in one month. I had gone from the lost and scared fugitive to the Crimson Hunter: a bounty hunter of Nal Hutta, from unknown provenience. 

I was always scared that the word would spread about me beyond the planet and would reach the ears of the First Order... of Kylo. 

I thought about him every day. Even though I had grown into a mighty and heartless outer shell, my mind filled with memories of the man I loved, and still did. I often wondered, if he too, still thought about me sometimes. If I crossed his mind at least once, as the girl who became his apprentice, as the girl who felt the cold, but soft lips of his. As the girl who disappeared a month ago and hasn't been tracked down. 

No, y/n. Don't let your mind be taken over by emotions. I said to myself. It's good to have them, but don't let them get you in danger. I took a peek at the picture of the man Mithus had told me to fetch for him. I didn't know why he wanted this man, he looked so innocent, but that was the golden rule me and Mithus had established in the business: No questions. 

I shook my head and swiftly disappeared into the dark alleys of Jiguuna. I'll be the death of myself. I swore. 

----------------------------------------------------------

I've just noticed how many crazy things the protagonist has gone through. Hear me out: She was kidnapped by the First Order, trained as a Sith. Then taken by the resistance, and trained as a Jedi. Then BACK to the First Order, and trained as a Praetorian Guard, only to later on become a guard. They were all slaughtered, and she became a fricking BOUNTY HUNTER. 

Geez, I'm loading the protagonist's life with so much stuff.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, the protagonist is such a badass in this one! 

I know a lot of you didn't want the protagonist to accept Mithus' offer in the Poison Pit, but everything is crucial to the story!

If you liked it, it would really help the story get known if you leave a vote, because I want to share this fanfic with other people as well! ( You've all been so supportive and kind, I can't thank you enough!)

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?! I can't wait to share it with you!!!!

Best wishes to all of you!

- Camille