chapter 57, Suspicions

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

" No." I told Kylo, firmly. 

Kylo turned back around towards me, with a puzzled look on his face. " No?.." Kylo repeated, startled. I assumed he wasn't used to be told what not to do. Kylo walked back towards me, his tall figure towering over mine, looking right into my eyes. I nodded slowly and tugged on the metal bar on the wall, I was still a little nervous to be around him.. " Don't cancel the mass hunt, Kylo." I muttered as he leaned his face towards mine, his exhales on my ear, and his delicious aroma filling my lungs. " Why not?" He whispered in my ear. 

" B- because." I stuttered. Gosh, his presence drives me crazy, I told myself as I forced myself to look at him in the eyes, and not at his perfect and smooth lips, but of course, as always: I miserably failed. Kylo seemed to notice, and he let out a deep chuckle followed by a cocky grin. He cupped my left cheek, brushing away strands of hair with his gloved fingers. 

I stopped breathing. Why does he do this to me?! I lamented as I finally looked into his mesmerizing eyes. " Why, y/n?" He asked, breaking the moment. Great. " Why do you want the mass hunt not to be canceled? You're here..." I leaned my head against his hand resting on my cheek and looked away, with my head held low. " Because... It would look suspicious." I mumbled. 

Kylo lifted my face up with his had and placed his other one behind my back, sending shivers of electricity through every inch of my body. " The Crimson Hunter... She's my escape, my sort of alter ego, I guess?" I said. " If you cancel it, every person on this ship, including the bounty hunters, will know who the Crimson Hunter really is." I whispered. " They would all know she's an amazing and badass person." Kylo said with the sweetest smile. 

I couldn't help but blush, Kylo was the only person who could say anything to me and make me feel all these sorts of feelings that I had never felt towards anyone, apart from him. " Thank you." I smiled back. " But... I think the Crimson Hunter would like to keep her identity hidden. For now." I added. Kylo rolled his eyes playfully and laid a soft kiss on my forehead. This man is perfect for forehead kisses. Hell, he is perfect in every way. I thought to myself. 

" The hunt is still on then." He said, while heading to the door again. I picked up my mask and put it in place, arranging my hood over my head. " Get some rest, Crimson Hunter, you've got a tough bounty to find starting tomorrow." He joked. " Yes of course... Supreme Leader Kylo Ren." I mocked in the same tone. He rolled his eyes and chuckled. Gosh, I can't get enough of his harmonious laugh. 

I waited a couple minutes in the room after Kylo had left, just in case someone was passing by and it would have looked suspicious. I carefully opened the door of the room and peeked outside: empty. I swiftly and silently glided the corridors of The Finalizer, in no need to continue the mission I had established myself: I didn't want to leave the star destroyer anymore. I had found home. Or rather, I had found the someone that is my home. 

I had arrived in front of the door of my designated room, and I let out a breath of relief. That was easy. I told myself, but as always, I thought too soon. Someone had tapped my shoulders, and I had jumped back: it couldn't be Kylo, he wouldn't be stupid enough to follow me back like that. I turned around slowly, thankful I had placed my mask and my hood on before coming.

" Wow there. I didn't mean to scare you." Came Mando's voice.

" Yeah, I can see that." I mocked as I calmed my breathing. " What are you doing out at this time of the night, Mando?" I asked him, trying to sound cool and normal. " I'd ask you the same, Crimson Hunter." He replied. Dammit, y/n. Think of something! " I- was just exploring the perimeters? I'm not too... trustful of the First Order." I muttered. Mando remained silent for a couple seconds, and I started to panic, it was obvious he hadn't believed me. " Then good thing you have the transmitter I gave you." He told me, apparently ignoring my suspicious answer.

" Yes..." I whispered. " In fact, Mando. I wanted to ask you something. Where exactly does this transmitter point out to?" Mando remained quiet again, and his silence worried me every time. " A safe place, with people that can help you in anything you need." He briefly said. " Ok... but where? What planet?" I asked once more, a little annoyed. " If I say it, someone might hear me, and then it won't be a place to hide anymore." He insisted. Jeez. For the galaxy's sake, why can't he just tell me?! I yelled to myself. " Mando. C'mon, tell me. Just whisper it or something." I demanded. The bounty hunter let out a deep sight, and even with his helmet on, I knew he had rolled his eyes.

" Carlac." Mando said, looking around him, to see if anyone was there. Carlac? Why would Mando be so doubtful about revealing the planet? " Thank you, Mando. I think I will head to rest, after all, I need to be in shape if I want to bring the bounty with no difficulty." I mocked. " What makes you say you'll be the one to bring it in?" Mando replied in the same joke tone, walking away down the corridor. If only you knew..

I plopped onto the uncomfortable bed of the small room and looked towards the ceiling. Tomorrow would be a big day, and I would be forced to  pretend to look for the bounty, for myself, disguised as the Crimson Hunter.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I can't wait for what's coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like, some info in this chapter is C R U C I A L, so remember it, even though I will remind you of some stuff later on. NO SPOILERS THOUGH....

I want to apologize for posting this chapter very late compared to my usual publishing schedule, I know I said I publish daily, but I did. HAH. 

Anyways, hope you liked the chapter! I love writing scenes with Kyloooooooooo!

Have a wonderful day or night, and I can't wait to share more with you!

- Camille