Chapter 91, Lullaby

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

Of course I don't have a choice. When do I ever have one lately? I muttered to myself in hate as I paced a couple steps away from Kylo, wanting- needing my own space to process what I was getting myself into; even if I had already done that. I took deep breaths and closed my eyes as I faced my back to Kylo, not letting him see how stressed and a little angry I was about all of this Knights of Ren situation. 

Don't be angry, y/n. I breathed deeply as my shoulders rose and fell with each inhale and exhale I executed. Not you nor Kylo have the blame for this. It's the mole. Whoever it is: put you in this crappy situation. That dimwit of an insider will pay for trying to frame me. I assured myself with a scoff and the tight fisting of my hands. A wanting for revenge flooding my mind for a short amount of time, before it was suddenly interrupted by Kylo's melodic voice.

" I'm sorry." Kylo muttered, looking away from me, as if he were embarrassed of how I had no other choice but to accept becoming a Knight.

" What for?" I asked him, trying my best to remain positive looking on the outside, even though I was once again: condemning myself to another strict and dark 'cult'. 

" Well, for everything of course." Kylo replied, looking surprised I had even asked him why he was apologizing. " I'm sorry this has to come upon you, y/n. I loathe every problem and danger that the First Order brought to you in the past, and now it appears to follow you everywhere." He mumbled, staring back into my eyes. " No..." I whispered. " Don't pity me like that."

" Pity you? If anything: I admire you y/n." Kylo said, showing a little side smile. " You have been through so many things in the past year, much of it caused by me, but you've never backed down. You never gave up and always... came back." I grabbed his gloved hand and tightened it, as if I could squeeze out all the sorrow that I could easily spot in Kylo's eyes. " That's- very poetic." I said, laughing a little. 

Kylo did as well, and his whole face seemed to light up and recover life and color. I smiled and sat on top of the metal table, swinging my feet back and forth like a child while humming to the rhythm of the song I never remembered listening to or singing, and yet, I knew the soothing beat and the words perfectly well. 

                                                            Rest your eyes,

                                                       But don't fall asleep,

                                               Don't forget to hear the cries,

                                              Of all who have already parted,

                                   against the ones who this war have started.

                                       Their whisper you might hear in your ear,

                                                  Or somewhere in your chest,

                                           But do pay attention to why they fest,

                                             Because the end of the war is near. 

                                                              Do you hear it?