Chapter 22, disappeared without a word

/ First Person POV /

Kylo Ren didn't show up to training the next day, or the day afterwards. He didn't appear for the whole week, and even though I was damaged and guilty of what I had done, I had taken time for myself. I spent it in the hospital wing, where my wounds healed faster than expected. But the wounds Rey had caused on my arm and Kylo on my back weeks ago didn't matter anymore. I know I was the one that had hurt Kylo Ren, and the pain I felt in my heart was stronger than the conscience I usually heard in the back of my head.

I didn't even feel it was worth rising from my bed or leaving the living quarters anymore, I knew Kylo Ren wouldn't be at training, I didn't even know if he was on The Finalizer. I had broken my promise the day I had vowed not to. Kylo had left me, but it was my fault. I triggered him to do that, I was the core of his disappearance. I had made him want to be away from me, and the thought of it stabbed my heart each time and made my whole body burn with agony.

OC- 7234 had entered my room without knocking, but I didn't have the strength to be angry at her. I had no right to be angry at her either. " Ma'am. You must get ready and be out of your living quarters in thirty minutes." She said in her robotic voice. " You will resume your training." I shot up from my bed. Had Kylo decided to train me again? I had hope, even though the idea was foolish, and I had hurt him too much to even be allowed in his presence.

I had hurried like never before. The wound in my arm was almost healed completely, I had been impressed with the medical technology on The Finalizer, it had seemed surreal. I changed into plain black long sleeved clothes, and yet again: the typical boots. OC- 7234 was guiding me through the corridors, even though I knew exactly where to go and my steps were faster and louder than usual. I saw that in the corridor in front of me and the stormtrooper was a red haired man walking towards us, it was General Hux. I remembered what Kylo had commanded me to do, to not talk to him, his expression had been frightening, but it only brought back the memory of the best moment of my life, and an overdose of sadness as I knew I had ruined it.

Kylo Ren had also threatened Hux not to come near me, to not distract me from my training, but the discipline had been left on pause, by my disappeared Sith master. As general Hux stood in front of me, OC- 7234 had straightened her posture and saluted her superior. " The apprentice." He said to me, and I couldn't tell if he was mocking me or if he was surprised to see me after locking myself in my room for about two weeks. " General Armitage Hux. What are you doing in this part of The Finalizer?" I aske him, remembering that was what he had asked me when I was lost around the control room.

He stared at me with a slightly startled face, as if I had asked a foolish question. " I'm in command of The Finalizer until the return of Commander Kylo Ren."

I stumbled a couple steps back, the return of Commander Kylo Ren?! Kylo isn't in The Finalizer?! I asked myself. I felt both relief and worry: at least I had an assumption that Kylo was not avoiding me, because he wasn't there. But he hadn't warned me he was leaving... and where to? " General Hux... Do you have any idea where he went or when he will get back?" I asked, trying to sound as casual as I could. " As his apprentice, I thought you would be aware, y/n." He said suspiciously.

I could feel a drop of sweat come down my forehead, I was breathing nervously and I knew he could see how I was acting, and I also knew he found me very suspicious after I had escaped with the Resistance. " Well... General. I won't bother you any longer, I- I've got training in three minutes." I stuttered as I started walking past the red hair man, with OC- 7234 following behind.

As I walked the little amounts of corridors that were left, I was struck with sadness: It would not be Kylo Ren that would train me, and I wondered who else was capable enough to equal his battle skills. As me and OC- 7234 arrived in front of the training lounge doors, I felt the strange sensation I had when I had stared at the one way window inside the lounge, and it peaked my curiosity. As the doors opened, the stormtrooper remained outside, as always, and I walked in cautiously. I stared at who would be training me until the return of... Kylo. 

They had their back faced towards me, but I knew exactly who it was. Only one person had that shiny silver armor with the long black cape that fell down one of their shoulders...

" Captain Phasma?!" I asserted, as the superior trooper turned towards me.