Chapter 119, Transmitter

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

I looked out the windshield of the shuttle, staring down at the greenish scenario of Jiguuna, and eventually, all of Nal Hutta. I hope that was the last time I ever have to set foot there, I sighed with relief, preparing the shuttle to accelerate at the speed of light. 

" Hopefully this old flying shuttle still works well." I mumbled, looking for the right switches on the control panel. It was different than the ones of a TIE fighter or an X wing, so it did take me quite some time to find what I was looking for. At least there isn't a star destroyer trying to blast me into oblivion, I laughed at my experience with the Steadfast, even if at the time, there was nothing laughable from the situation.

" This is going to be harder than I thought. There's no holographic map on this thing." I sighed. " If I could only find the switch for automatic pilot, or something useful for the sort."

My eye caught a different looking control on the panel. It wasn't a switch, and it definitely wasn't what I was looking for, but it intrigued me. It was a type of hole surrounded by red circles. It didn't look like a piece of the panel had fallen off, it seemed like an electronic input device, like a chip holder?

Wait a minute...

I frantically looked inside my pockets and the small bag I had with me. Only to remember what I was looking for hung around my neck. There was a simple necklace, made only of strings attached together, but at the end of it was a holographic transmitter. The one Mando had given me on The Finalizer during the time of the mass hunt. 

I couldn't believe my luck. The holographic transmitter I had around my neck had one destination on it: Carlac. I could vaguely remember what Mando had told me in that hallway on the Finalizer, right after Kylo had told the group of bounty hunters about the mass hunt, but the suspicious conversation had always held a place in my thoughts. 

" Whatever problems you've had with the First Order in the past are none of my concern, but if you ever need a place to go under the radar after this mass hunt, take this."  I remember Mando saying in the cold hallway of the star destroyer, giving me the bizarre object that looked like a perfectly symmetric black crystal. 

When I'd asked him why he had given it to me, a complete stranger, his answer had always kept me thinking. " I don't know. But I have a feeling it's the right thing to do." Now I had a vague idea of what his intuition had made him do, was it really a coincidence that I needed to go to Carlac, and Mando had given me the key to get there? The question would certainly bug me for a long time.

I kept digging inside my memory, forcing out any bit of information from that night when I had sneaked out of a meeting room from being with Kylo, and Mando had caught me as I headed towards my living quarters. 

" What was it he said afterwards?" I huffed, exasperated that I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. " It was something about people who could help me in any way I needed? Could it be that Pha Stett is still alive?!" 

I had no time to waste after that possible realization. I ripped off the necklace, not even bothering to pass it over my head and keep it intact. The holographic transmitter looked the right shape and size for the input device.

Here goes nothing...

I smirked in victory when the fitting was perfect, and awaited for something- anything to happen. There was a sound, like a very low humming coming from the control panel, and from the input, a bright blue line shot up into the air. 

The line opened itself like a hand fan and revealed a holographic map, with the whole galaxy, I presumed since the hologram was huge, it turned into a sort of 360 degrees tube. A point on the map started glowing red, like a miniature alarm. At first I thought it was Carlac, but the point disappeared in an instant, and only a second later, it appeared again, but on a totally different spot in the galaxy. 

That's no planet... I huffed worriedly. 

I checked the direction of the red dot, and my air was cut short when I noticed it was here. In the close spatial outskirts of Nal Hutta. " What the hell?" I muttered worriedly and looked out the windshield of the shuttle.

There was nothing in view, only the countless stars and down below, the greenish planet of Nal Hutta. I turned to look at the map again, and zoomed in towards the red dot. It was only a couple coordinates away from my location, and when I turned to look out the windshield of the shuttle again, a space craft had appeared out of thin air, probably exiting a jump into hyperspace. 

I was frightened for a couple seconds before I noticed something. I recognized the ship. Not the craft itself, but a certain figure I had seen inside through the windshield. It was a piloting droid, but I'd recognize it anywhere. If my memory wasn't failing me, that droid was the one piloting Mando's ship when he had rescued/ hunted me from Kijimi. 

The same one that told me to stop laughing. I smiled to myself, lifting up the bottom of my shirt slightly to see the visible scar Djarggi's dagger had inflicted on me.

I quickly rushed towards the pilot seat of the shuttle, which was a lot of times smaller than Mando's ship, and waited for any communicative signal caught on the radars of the shuttle. Could it be the holographic transmitter wasn't only a map to Carlac? That it led Mando to me? I pondered. 

The static from the radio transmitter of the shuttle became higher, and a voice sounded badly on the other end. " Shuttle CT- 2356? Here Razor Crest, over." I could barely recognize the voice of the Mandalorian bounty hunter through the distortioned static, but I knew it was him. I checked the plaque number of the shuttle to confirm it was the same one.

" Shuttle CT- 2356 to Razor Crest. I hear you loud and clear, Mando."

A deep chuckle was heard through the static, " It's good to hear you again, C.H." 

------------------

MANDOOOOOOOO!!!!

As promised many, many, many, MANY chapters ago, (I lost track)... It wouldn't be the last time we hear from our bestie Mando!!!!

I can't wait to start on the new chapter, because I missed Mando and y/n's friendship so much!! ( Maybe, just maybe, y/n will be able to meet a certain little green child...)

Ok, well, I am aware that the timeline for this is WAYYYY OFF. Like, The Mandalorian takes place in 9ABY if I recall correctly, and TROS in 35 ABY... BUT WHO CARES, RIGHT. IT'S A FANFIC.

So yeah, that's basically all I had to say...

 Stay safe and happy!!!!!!!

- Camille