Chapter 45, Battle of the throne room

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

My senses came to life  once more, but Kylo wasn't the only presence in the throne room I could recognize. I looked out of the corner of my eye, towards the big metal doors of Supreme Leader Snoke's lair, and my heart stopped beating. Kylo was not alone. No, no, no, no! I told myself. Next to him, retained with chains, was Rey. I couldn't believe the First Order had captured her, it seemed almost impossible. I looked into Kylo's deep chestnut eyes, even from a distance, I could always catch a glimpse at his beautiful brown irises. 

I wondered if he knew I was there, but then I remembered he could feel my strong force revolving presence, but he didn't even glance at my direction, maybe not remembering I had become a Praetorian Guard, but I had hope it was unlike him. I could hear their footsteps resonate throughout the room, it had been so much time I had heard sound, it felt so odd, to the point it gave me a little headache. 

They had both stopped in between the Praetorian Guards, and Rey was right in front of me. I could see her eyebrows furrow and her eyes wince in pain a little bit, and I knew it was because of me, but she didn't appear to be aware it was because I was in the room, I knew she didn't know, because Rey hadn't turned to look at me. 

Apart from the unexpected pain I had inflicted in her, Rey looked very relaxed, even though she was held prisoner on The Supremacy, and was before Supreme Leader Snoke, it didn't seem to bother her. I stared at her and Kylo with a lot of intensity through my helmet, and I noticed how Kylo's eyes sneakily stared towards my row of Praetorian Guards, making my heart accelerate, had he noticed Rey was the only thing between us? 

The silence was killing me, which was weird: I had gotten used to silence. I knew Supreme Leader Snoke was addressing to Kylo, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. I could see with difficulty how Snoke's mouth was articulating words, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. My eyes were clued on Kylo's side profile. I could see how he winced, in annoyance, and how his fists tightened. But it wasn't like me, who used to close my hands out of fright, no. Kylo, he was closing them out of anger, and I could tell he was beginning to shake a little.

It had all happened so fast, all I could see was the blur of a red lightsaber being thrown across the room, towards Snoke. None of the Praetorian Guards had seen it coming, but he was dead. My senses came back and I could hear the agitated breaths of everybody. It was the first time I had seen the other guards move, and boy were they unhappy. 

None of them said anything, and I swiftly turned to look at the dead body of the Supreme Leader. I could hear the yielding of a lightsaber against metal, and I knew they were fighting. The seven other Praetorian Guards threw themselves towards Kylo and Rey, who I hadn't noticed had been set free. They were really good fighters, and I could see they had activated the electricity of their melee weapons.

I instinctively activated the Bilari Electro Chain whip, unsure about who to attack. I knew I had to go against the man that killed the Supreme Leader, but that man was Kylo. Down went the Seventh Guard, as his helmeted hand rolled away from his body. I stared in horror as my companion's body laid decapitated. No matter how cold or distant they all had been towards me, I couldn't let them be slaughtered. 

Rey was now yielding her blue lightsaber at the First Guard, who had been the only one to ever talk to me and give me a piece of cold advice, and I lassoed the electro whip to block her hit, which drew her attention towards me. I was aware Rey still didn't know I was the one behind the Praetorian Guard helmet, and she ran towards me with full force and a killer stare.

I had battled Rey, and injured her, but never had I went against someone with a lightsaber while I had an electro whip. You're a Praetorian Guard, and you had training, y/n! You've fought with Rey once, you can do it again. I told myself as I prepared myself to receive the blow from her weapon. 

She was angry, and I tried my best to defend and attack with the melee weapon I was given, but it was difficult. I backed away swiftly, and looked around me. Everybody else was dead. The bodies of the seven other Praetorian Guards were laying on the cold floor, and I saw Kylo breathing heavily.

H- he, he could've killed me too. That could have been me. I told myself, looking yet again at my dead confreres. 

Rey had stopped too, but she had noticed I was not slaughtered as well. I was exhausted, I didn't know when the last time I ate or slept was, but I knew I wouldn't have the strength to battle her or Kylo. Kylo turned to look at my direction with a killer glance, but I thought I catched a glimpse at his eyes warming. 

Rey, on the other hand, was gripping her lightsaber tighter, and I knew she wouldn't hesitate to stab it right in my heart. I quickly dropped the electro whip and placed my hands on each side of my helmet, taking it off. 

I shook my head as my h/c hair fell back into place, and I stared at both of them with an intense glance. Kylo dropped his weapon and his eyes widened, as if he didn't know I was also a Praetorian Guard. Rey turned off her lightsaber, and walked cautiously towards me.

" Y/n..." They both said in unison.

I stared at both of them, almost as if I wanted to cry. I wanted to run up to Kylo and nestle myself in his strong arms, but I also wanted to take Rey by the arm and escape to D'Qar with her, but I couldn't to both, hell, I couldn't do any of those things. 

I ran past both of them, faster than I had ever ran before, and headed to the Praetorian Guard living quarters, where I took my brown leather bag and got rid of the armory, but kept the red cloak. I have to get out of here. I ordered myself as I ran through The Supremacy. 

I knew it wouldn't take long for the whole ship to be aware Snoke was dead, and me being the only surviving Praetorian Guard would raise suspicion, and I knew I would be wanted. Escape pods... I whispered in my head as I speeded towards a couple of small emergency exit ships. 

I didn't even know how to fly them, but I swiftly sat in the pilot's cockpit and flew off into hyperspace, a couple tears dripping down my cheeks. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 SO MANY THINGS HAPPENED. 

OK. This is the official transition from The Last Jedi to The Rise Of Skywalker ( I think. But I'm almost certain it is) !!!!!

Can't wait to write the next chapters cause things are about to get more interesting!!!! Are you liking the fanfiction so far? 

Maybe leave a vote if you liked the chapter? It really helps the story!

Also, quick question: Do you want me to write TROS part of this book as a different one? Like Book II? Or would you guys prefer me finishing the story ( who knows in how many, many, many, more chapters) ?

I know this chapter went by really fast, like: a LOT of things happened, but I thought it was interesting and fun to read? 

Best wishes to all of you!

- Camille