Chapter 50, Trap

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

I sneaked through the dark alleys of Jiguuna, making sure I remained hidden in the shadows, there were still stormtroopers all around. I really don't want to go track down this guy for Mithus. Not right now, at least. I lamented. But I don't want Mithus to be on my back until I find him either... I rolled my eyes at myself and strode confidently towards The Poison Pit. The cantina had became a popular location I would often go to before hunting someone down. Not only because I often took a drink to relax, but I could also maybe find my target in the crowd.

I took a seat in a booth in the far corner of The Poison Pit, skimming the crowds, looking for the man, if he would ever show up. The people Mithus wanted me to catch were all in Nal Hutta, especially in Jiguuna, so it was quite easy. I wouldn't go bounty hunting out of the planet, it would be too risky.

 I took off my half mask an let my hood fall all the way to my nose. I was exhausted: the last bounty I had gotten for Mithus Kothari was a hard one to find. He was hiding behind the protection of the Hutt's, but the annoying sluggish gangsters wouldn't stop me, and it had been very easy... too easy, and I had my doubts, but I knew I could manage.

I took out from an inner pocket of my robe -that I had sowed- my lightsaber handle, and I stared at it, bringing back floods of memories into my mind.

When Kylo Ren had found the saber in my bag, and I remembered I had been so frightened. I looked down at the empty booth table in front of me and sighted. Kylo... How I wish I hadn't need to leave. I lamented to myself, hoping that somehow, Kylo would be able to hear me. 

A cantina droid approached my table, and I quickly placed my half mask back on: even if it was a robot, anyone or anything could turn me in to the First Order, and no matter how much I wanted to return to a certain recently declared Supreme Leader, but I didn't want to go back to the life I had there. 

Not like you've got much of a better life here, y/n. I shook my head slightly and leaned back against the cushioned chair. No. Don't think about going back. You're more useful alive. 

Those were the times I yearned for the little voice in my head. It had reassured me so much, it had saved me more than once, but lately, it seemed to be quiet again, and I hated that. For once, I actually wanted to meditate, to use the force as Rey had taught me. But I knew it would only make me overthink my problems, but that might be what I needed: to actually think about my problems.

I looked back towards the multitude of people as I opened the parchment were the face of my bounty was. Mithus Kothari seriously has some issues with many people, I joked. It's the second bounty this week. But oh well, more money for me. 

I skimmed the crowd, and I could tell there were a couple other bounty hunters: they stood out from the crown, at least to me. Most of them were wearing masks or helmets, and were heavily dressed compared to the amount of bare skin shown by everyone else in The Poison Pit cantina. They were also the only ones completely sober. Odd. I thought. There usually isn't as many hunters. 

It became suspicious after a while of observing the many bounty hunters, they seemed to all be looking for someone in the crowd. Hopefully it's not the same guy I'm looking for. I joked to myself. But then it hit me: they could all be looking for me.

I stood up cautiously and mixed with the crowd. Could it be that the word about the Crimson Hunter reached the First Order? Could they know it's me? I thought to myself, beginning to panic a little bit. Ok, y/n. Act normal and blend in, try to get out of here. You can defend yourself if they come closer. I planned, getting a tight grip on my lightsaber and mixing deeper into the crowd.

I kept my eyes and senses open to the couple of bounty hunters inside the cantina, as I skimmed the crowds, my eyes saw a familiar face: my bounty. I had forgotten why I was here, but then, the only thing I forgot about was the other bounty hunters in The Poison Pit: I had eyes on the prize. 

I strode sneakily from behind him, preparing to do one of my surprise tactics: the blaster pointed at the neck strategy and the order to follow me without resisting. It worked in crowded areas like the cantina, no one ever doubted or paid attention. This is quite the luck, I chuckled to myself. I will capture my bounty and get out of the cantina at the same time, it was killing two birds with one stone. 

But I spoke too soon. Never in my month or so of being a bounty hunter had my prey noticed my presence, but this man did. He turned around as I was a couple feet away from me and started to push his way through the crowd. No way. You've got to be kidding me. I muttered in my mind as I followed him with a little difficulty through the cantina. 

The man was fast, but so was I. He had made his way out of The Poison Pit and began running to the left, I had luckily seen him, and I sprinted behind, but he turned into a dark alley. I hadn't noticed it was already pretty dark out, and I sighted in annoyance as I turned into the pitch black alley: it was a dead end.

" Come out from where you're at. I don't got the time to play hide and seek." I claimed loudly, I knew the man was somewhere here, and he couldn't escape. " We can do this the easy or the violent and forceful way. Foy your own benefit, I'd highly recommend the easy way."

Suddenly, two big hands grabbed each of my arms and someone placed a bag on my head. I kicked and I turned, but I was trapped. Crap. If it's one of the bounty hunters, I'm doomed. I said as the man carried me away.

There was a familiar smell of rusty metal and the sound of an elevator I knew all too well: whoever had kidnapped me was taking me to Mithus Kothari's underground palace. That scum. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him.

I was dragged down the polished floors, like I had dragged my earlier bounty, and then the man took the bag off my head. Mithus was standing in front of me, with a big, annoying smile on his face, as always. " Kothari! I hate you! You lying rat!" I yelled at him. " C.H! It's nice of you to join us." He said, walking towards a large table. " I knew you wouldn't come, so I had someone go fetch you."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around, at who Mithus' guest were. My heart stopped beating and I swore it would explode.

" So you're the famous Crimson Hunter." Came the arrogant voice of General Hux. 

------------------------------------------------------------

AND THE FIRST ORDER'S BACK BABY!

I can't wait to let you all know what will happen next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you liked the chapter, it would greatly help if you left a like :)

I am astonished: 50 CHAPTERS ALREADY?! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments on the chapter!

Best wishes to all of you!

- Camille