Chapter 84, A new clan

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

My eyes widened as a result to what Kylo had just telepathized. An mole in the Final Order?! How could that be possible? And who could it be?! I pondered as I processed the information fully. Now I understood why Kylo didn't want to speak out loud, and didn't want me to be in his arms even in this empty room. ' An infiltrator?' I repeated to him mentally. ' Yes.' Kylo replied coldly. I gulped as sweat dripped down my forehead slightly, ' Is this why I'm here? You- you don't think it's me, do you?' I asked Kylo nervously, it worried me to think he would doubt me like that.

' No, it is not why you're here. I know it's not you.' Kylo communicated mentally, and I sighted in relief. I don't know what I would've done if I'd been accused of that, especially with how dirtied my name is when it comes to the Final Order. 

' Do you have any idea who it could be?' I questioned him. Even if my loyalties didn't stand with the Final Order, I still worried about the downfall of the regime, it could be the possible ruin of Kylo if it were to happen. ' There are thousands of people on this ship, Kylo. It could be anyone!' I added, not making matters better for the situation. ' No, it can't be anyone. You see, we caught an informer -an Ovissian male, Boolio I believe his name was- passing on information about this inside voice to the Resistance.' Kylo told me as he paced around the room. ' From what we extracted, the information given to the rebels is classified, data that only a high ranking official would be aware of.' He added.

' That's why you don't want to talk? You're afraid whoever this... traitor is might be listening?' I asked Kylo with a little bit of unease, remembering that I had been called a traitor many times on this ship too. ' I'm not afraid.' Kylo mentally stated firmly. ' I'm taking the necessary precautions, that's all.' As he said that, I kind of wanted to laugh at how braggart that had sounded, but I decided it was better not to do that, Kylo had enough in his plate, he didn't need me to be joking about the problem the Final Order was facing. 

' Why didn't you tell me before, Kylo? You know you can tell me when these things happen, it's important!' I telepathized, a little saddened he hadn't informed me, as if he didn't trust me enough to do so. ' I apologize, y/n. You were resting and recovering from your surgery, I didn't want to bring that up and have you worrying about it.' He replied, his thought very calm. ' Thank you, I guess. But don't do that next time, please. Whatever happens that matters like this, or anything at all actually, you know you can always talk to me about it, no matter what.' I replied as I gave him a secret, yet warm smile.

' What are you going to do, then?' I questioned Kylo mentally, thinking that maybe I shouldn't, not like he hadn't already thought of my questions for who knows how long. ' I'm going to catch whoever this mole is, and they're not going to like what happens to them.' Kylo replied in a twisted tone. I could only imagine the things he would order someone to do to the traitor once they find him or her. Only to think that maybe it will happen in this same room sent an unpleasant shiver down my spine.

My head was beginning to hurt a little bit, and I had difficulty hearing Kylo's telepathized thoughts. Man, I'm not used to this mind thing, I lamented as I massaged my forehead with the palm of my hand. I felt the connection split, and I knew I had lost all concentration I had built up to be able to communicate mentally with Kylo for so long. I stared at him sneakily, and I know he had felt it too. I'm sorry... I whispered mentally, even if I knew Kylo wouldn't hear the thought. 

" Head Commander and Supreme Leader Kylo Ren." I said firmly, but also faking a tone of fright, just in case the mole could be listening to this interrogation.

I hoped Kylo had understood the façade and would play along to it, not risking to blow the cover I was making for him to tell me what he had ordered me to be brought here for. " Y/n." He replied coldly, giving me hope that he was following the skit along. " I believe you know the reason why you are here." He added through his robotic voice, that made him sound more threatening. 

I shook my head silently and exhaled in relief. " No sir." I mumbled as I looked at the table and away from his mask. " Escaping the order more than twice, and having a bounty placed on your head, and now a prisoner, I think you do know." Kylo insisted, and I was only glad he was following along to the façade. The inside voice in the Order can take our great acting skills, as a first hit to uncovering who they are. I commented to myself humorously.

It was fun and all to be acting, hiding a conversation between false accusations, but I was running out of ideas, and maybe Kylo was too. I closed my eyes, and instead of forcing my mind to find a energy connection to communicate with Kylo, I let it guide itself soothingly, and it worked. I fell the immediate link between both our minds, and I knew he had, too. 

' Mind thing is working again, I guess.' I telepathized to him, in hopes he would hear the thought in his mind. ' It's not called mind thing, y/n.' Kylo's thought appeared brightly in my head, as he commented that sarcastically. I rolled my eyes playfully and slightly shook my head. ' I don't care how it is called, for me, it's mind thing.' I replied mockingly. 

' Y/n there is something we need to discuss.' Kylo mentioned, ignoring my comment, I noticed his tone had become more serious as well. I straightened my back against the metal chair and nodded slightly, a little doubtful. ' Of course. Did you think of anything?' I asked him. ' I've thought about a solution to maintain you here. I know you are not the most dedicated to the Final Order, but as I meditated, a thought came to me.' He said as he walked around the room in little circles. 

' Y/n, I want you to join the knights of Ren.'