Chapter 98, Voice

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

Three hours. Three stupid and incredibly long and boring hours in this hospital bed. Of course, I expected no time less, since as Kylo mentioned many times earlier: I have a punctured lung and blah, blah, blah. It doesn't hurt as much as it did though, hopefully it's a good sign, I sighted as I stared at the clock on the wall. I had to be thankful to the advanced medical technology at disposition, I knew that with Kylo's determination for me to go back to the Knights of Ren as soon as medically possible would make me be receiving the best medical treatments to leave in no time.

Yippee, soon I'll be back to terrorizing the galaxy and training arduously every day for the rest of my little existence, I rolled my eyes at the thought. Being lazy surely wasn't beneficial for the lifestyle I led, so even if I was getting bored out of my mind in this hospital, watching as the minutes ticked by, I enjoyed the time I had to relax my body. Geez, I hadn't noticed how sore my limbs are until now, I joked, trying to relieve the throbbing sensation in my joints by mocking it.

Conscience? Are you there? I questioned myself, trying to ignore the thought of how ridiculous and insane this was. I mean: trying to talk to a little voice in my head that has a mind of its own, meh, don't think that sounds very stable. 

To my unsurprise, there was no reply. " Of course, what the hell was I thinking? It's just a making of my bored imagination. Geez y/n, can I get any more foolish than this?" I grumbled to myself as I rolled my eyes. 

I leaned against the pillow of the bed, trying to get myself to fall asleep even if I wasn't tired, which of course didn't work. 

Wait a second

I shot up from leaning against the bed, but the sharp pain in my torso and all the medical equipment didn't let me get too far. The song, lullaby-ish song I was humming to, I started telling myself in realization. I didn't know it, I had never heard of it either. But maybe it wasn't me singing it. Maybe in was my conscience, humming to it through my mind. My hopes rose, no matter if the voice was a making of my mind, and I was completely mental, I had to give it a shot. 

Now, how'd it go, again? I tried remembering that day, seven weeks ago on The Finalizer, in the interrogation rooms.

Rest your eyes,

But don't fall asleep,

Don't forget to hear the cries,

Of all who have already parted,

against the ones who this war have started. 

Their whisper you might hear in your ear,

Or somewhere in your chest,

But do pay attention to why they fest,

Because the end of the war is near. 

Do you hear it?

Forming in your heart,

The pride of our people,

who hold your own blood from worlds apart.