Chapter 47, The Poison Pit

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

The escape pod landed in a crowded and gloomy space port, and I hid everything that was in it inside the cargo behind a wall, taking only my brown leather bag. Ok, y/n. You've got to find somewhere to stay, at least for the night, I told myself as I made sure my hood was placed well over my head and fell almost in front of my eyes. The space port was filled with people and creatures I had never seen before, and fumes that came out of spaceships filled my lungs. Gross. 

I strode the alleys, it was weird. I only remembered walking down enclosed and cold corridors of The Finalizer, and striding down open alleyways filled with noise and shady people was odd, and not very enjoyable. People tugged on my robes and offered me unknown substances, hidden in the shadows. Desperate spice runners, I told myself as I rolled my eyes and pushed unwanted hands from the way. 

I thought coming to Nal Hutta would offer me a place to hide instantly, but I looked so visible, it was obvious I wasn't one of those ruthless criminals and bounty hunters, I stood out like a sore thumb, and it scared me a little that I might be seen as a vulnerable and easy target for the evil outlaws that hid in the planet. You have a lightsaber, for crying out loud, y/n! As well as Jedi and Praetorian Guard  training. Going against you would be these criminals' biggest mistake. I reassured myself. 

I kept low profile, and held my head down, looking at the crimson red Praetorian Guard boots, not really paying attention to where I was going. Ok, y/n. Calm down. Act like everyone here. Mind your own business. I ordered myself. 

I saw a little bit of everything here: Drunkards tripping with their own feet and singing loudly, spice runners selling in the dark streets of the space port, smugglers offering the best deals to escape or smuggled goods, bounty hunters wondering around the streets, some looking for they're targets, slaves being pulled by wealthy and illegal looking people, even though I thought the slave trade had been abolished. Not on Nal Hutta, I guess. I told myself as I eyed the young slave girls that were doomed to serve for the rest of their lives. 

How I'd like to help them. I thought to myself. To free them all, like Jedi's during the Galactic Republic did. But I knew it would bring too much attention on me, and I didn't want to make enemies with the slave owners, who were probably powerful crime lords.

I had decided to go back to the escape shuttle I had arrived in, to maybe find a place inside were I could stay the night, but when I walked back to where I had left it, it wasn't there anymore. " Hey you!" I exclaimed loudly at a droid that was walking next to me, he turned around, almost startled. " What happened to the ship that was there?" I asked, pointing at the empty space where my escape pod was. " Gone. Taken by the rulers of Nal Hutta." The droid said, as if he had been programmed to respond to my question only. He proceeded to walk away robotically, maybe going to tell the same news to other pilots. 

The rulers of Nal Hutta? I repeated in my head. Well, who knows who those are. I'm lucky I didn't leave my bag on board, I said, tugging on the brown leather bag tightly, imagining what would've happened if one of these criminals got a hold of the green lightsaber in my bag. 

I made sure my hood was well over my face once more and closed the robe around my body, making me appear a crimson colored specter as I walked the crowded alleys of the space port. I felt many sneaky hands try to tug on my bag and steal what was inside, but I quickly deflected them and shot the thieves a killer glance. 

I strode sneakily into the city, which I read on a metal poster was called Jiguuna, and was glad to have exited the crowd of the space port. "Well, that's one thing done." Muttered my distortioned voice as I cleaned my robes. Now, I've got to find a place to spend the night. I thought to myself. Spending the night in the streets of Nal Hutta wasn't in my options, and was probably not safe. If only I could get the escape pod back. Why would crime lords take it?! It's pretty much useless. I lamented as I tried finding an inn or anywhere I could crash until morning rose, but I doubted a criminal planet would have a convenient hotel to stay at. 

Suddenly I froze in fear. There were three stormtroopers talking to each other and signaling different alleys. No... It can't be. They can't be looking for me, can they? How did they even know I am in Nal Hutta?! I shrieked to myself as I sneaked into a dark alley, hoping they hadn't seen my visible red robe. 

I had to hide somewhere. That's when I saw some light illuminated a couple alleys away from were I was, and I took my chance to run discretely towards the building. It was written in big, glowing letters: The Poison Pit, and I assumed it might be some type of club or cantina, but I wouldn't wait outside for someone to tell me, and I sneaked into the crowd. 

There was a big bar in the middle, and so much talking filled the air, it was asphyxiating. It smelled of sweat and alcohol, and I really wanted to get out of there, but at least here, I could hide. 

" Hey!" Came a voice from behind me. I froze. Crap. If it's the stormtroopers, you make a run for it into the crowd. I told myself, prepared for anything.  I slowly turned around, but it wasn't a trooper. It was a tall man, with dark shoulder length hair and a beard, he was dressed as if he was a rich criminal, but wouldn't show it too much.

The man walked towards me, and I didn't know if to feel relieved it wasn't a stormtrooper, or worried about who this man could be.

He grinned arrogantly, a little bit how I'd expect Hux to, if he could ever smile, and said: " Looking for a job?"