Chapter 64, He knows

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

For a split second that felt eternal, I had forgotten the position I stood in. It had escaped my mind that I was being hunted down and every second I wasted staying still could cost the plan to fail, but right now it didn't mater. I had in front of me, my friends, whom I had betrayed. One of the only people who took care of me and I could consider as close as family, they were standing only many yards away from me, but they seemed so far away.

'Don't come back for me'. Those words echoed in my mind as I stood still, speechless. When I had told them that, alongside with Leia, I thought I'd never see them again, so it hadn't pained me as much as I felt now. I had rarely been so hurt, and it made it clear how much my last phrase couldn't pained my Resistance confreres. My heart was shattering into a million little shards as all I could do was stare at my friends- my family in a dangerous position. With about six blasters pointed towards them, they were completely trapped, and I couldn't bring myself to do anything to help them.

Come on. Get out of here! Or do something for the galaxy's sake! My mind kept yelling at myself, but my heart and legs wouldn't listen. I wanted to run up to Poe, Finn, and Rey and defend them from their attackers, to make sure my comrades were safe, but I knew I couldn't let myself be seen, and it wouldn't be right to try and make myself forgiven by them. Givu Djarggi is somewhere looking for me! Get out of here, or you might put them in danger! I ordered myself. This time, my brain snapped out of whatever miserable feeling I had been drowning in, and I became aware of my surroundings. 

I started running the opposite direction, from where I had arrived. What was I thinking?! Rey could've felt my presence! Maybe she already has! Why am I always so foolish and distracted?! I mentally grounded as a tear of anger and sadness rolled down my cold cheek. "Traitor. I didn't allow you to drip down from my eye," I muttered to myself as If I was addressing the tear.Let's just hope Mando has a heads up on my location, I wished, even though Sullust is a little far from Kijimi. 

I kept running until my hood fell from my head, and I stopped behind a large cobble wall to place it back correctly over my face and catch my breath. Let's get this over with... I lamented. Even if my original plan was to try and get caught by Mando, I only wanted to get out of here. Not like coming to Kijimi was anywhere in my plan either, I tried joking, but my thoughts were pretty lamentable. I had now two reasons to try and make my presence noticed by Mando and the other bounty hunters: I wanted to return to The Finalizer, as weird as that sounds, but I wanted to nestle myself into Kylo's arms, which seemed to take all my problems away. I also now really wanted to leave Kijimi, because seeing Poe, Finn, and Rey here was one of the most painful things I had been through.

You did the right thing y/n. I tried convincing myself as I leaned my back against the cobble wall. You would've only put the Resistance in more danger, and you couldn't deceive them like that, because I'm with the First Order.... with the First Order. I sighted and closed my eyes, trying to take the stress pain away from my forehead. I can't concentrate on saving myself from Givu Djarggi like this. 

I remained with my eyes closed and tried to perceive the auras around me, to see if I could recognize or feel the one of the Dathomirian anywhere near me, but there was nothing. I sighted in relief as I began walking down the dark alleys of Kijimiko, the popular space port town the Ando Traveler had landed in. Now I just wait, or what? I pondered as time seemed to get too long.

It was very cold, and I tried wrapping my cloak more and more around my body unsuccessfully, but it was still worth the shot. I had no idea where I was heading, but it was away from the resistance members I was too familiar with. Rey's presence became less and less clear as I continued walking, but it was fading too fast, as if she too, was walking the opposite way as me. Odd. I thought to myself as I lifted my head up and snowflakes fell on my face. 

Suddenly, I felt myself fall face first into the snowy ground, and I quickly stood up, grabbing the lightsaber handle and looking all around me, I knew it hadn't been an accident. From the shadows of behind another cobbled stone wall, the tall Dathomirian bounty hunter appeared, with his many melee weapons and blasters all over him and two dangerous blasters pointed towards me. " Givu Djarggi." I muttered with hatred as the Dathomirian approached me. 

" This was easier and faster than I thought." He said in his low and dangerous voice. " But of course, for a foolish girl that escapes the First Order and thinks she can get away with it, I wouldn't expect nothing else."

I rolled my eyes at him. If only Givu Djarggi knew the half of it, he wouldn't be saying those words now. " I know why you're hear Djarggi." I said in a threatening voice. I had been waiting for him to approach me all day long. " It won't be as easy as you think." I warned him.

He remained silent, but shortly after let out a mocking laugh. " If the Supreme Leader wouldn't have said to bring you back intact, I would've already blown your brains out, so I'd better watch your tone if I were you, y/n." The way Givu Djarggi said my name sickened me. He tightened his grip on his blasters but didn't break the eye contact. I didn't either, even if I would have stared at his weapon before, but not with the amount of training Captain Phasma had made me undergo months ago.

I unbuckled the lightsaber handle slowly, without making much motion so Givu Djarggi wouldn't tell I was taking out my weapon, and when I had it tightly around my hand, I ignited it and prepared to deflect any blasts from his guns. He stepped back a little, but he also seemed rather unimpressed. " You've got no idea who you're messing with, Givu Djarggi." I warned him one last time, because I would do whatever it took to make it seem like I wasn't expecting or wanting to get caught and taken back to the First Order.

" Oh, but I think I do... Crimson Hunter." He replied with a devilish and evil smile on his face.

------------------------------------------------------------------

HE KNOWS.

TUN TUN TUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for all the love and support many of you have been giving me and this story, I am eternally grateful for that! Also, thank you for the many reads, comments, and votes on the fanfic! I'm really glad to know many of you are enjoying to read the story as much as I enjoy writing it!

Fun fact of the chapter: Instead of writing 'snowflakes' in the first draft, I had written Snokeflakes. I'm starting to be concerned on all this Star Wars stuff. Next thing I know, I'll be speaking Shyriiwook, (common language of the Wookies)

Have an amazing day or night! I wish the best day or dreams to all of you! Thank you for reading The Force in Redemption!

- Camille