Chapter 23, The Supremacy

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

It had been maybe two or three months since Kylo Ren had left The Finalizer on a mission, and every day as I woke up, and every night as I headed to sleep: the worry of something happening to him invaded my thoughts. I had awful nightmares about something terrible happening to him, and during the day, my mind kept replaying those bad dreams over and over again. I wondered why he had been gone for so long, I didn't know how long missions usually were, but I had never expected them to last several months. I felt mournful, nonetheless, it was all because of my blunder. And everyday I told myself that the distance was for the better... even if it hurt me to no end. That morning on The Finalizer was colder than usual, and as I got up to get ready to train with Captain Phasma again, my body wouldn't rise from the mattress of my bed with ease. 

For the past weeks, I had undergone severe training. I wasn't sure even Kylo Ren would have made me endure the harsh discipline Captain Phasma did. My body was bruised and scratched, and muscles I didn't even know existed were hurting at my every move. But I got up, I had to. Even though the training I had every morning was brutal, it helped me get my mind off... things, and certain people. To my surprise, Kylo wasn't the only thing that took over my thoughts daily and nightly, but also Rey and the rest of the Resistance. It had been so long, and I was beginning to lose all hope they would try and rescue me again- Not that I wanted to! Even though my life on The Finalizer wasn't ideal, I had to stand with Kylo Ren, except he wasn't here anymore. 

As I got out of my room, OC- 7234 was more tense the usual. The whole atmosphere of The Finalizer seemed to have darkened. She guided me through the same hallways, which I knew my way around.  It reminded me of a conversation I had with Kylo months ago: When I had asked him if I would always have a stormtrooper to escort me everywhere. He had replied so soothingly, it warmed my heart but shattered it into a million pieces. I would probably never hear that sweet voice coming from him ever again.

Before I knew it, OC- 7234 had already pushed me to the front of the big training lounge doors, and I could feel Captain Phasma's presence on the opposite side of the walls. As I walked inside, I could immediately feel her unease. Even with her helmet, I knew her expression was filled with uncertainty. " Captain Phasma? What is going on? " I asked. I knew she was the one feeling troubled, but I wouldn't ask her if she was ok, because she wouldn't answer and asking would go against all the training she had made me undergo. " Get you're  curved hilt saberstaff, y/n. We are going somewhere." Was all Captain Phasma said as she walked to the door with the handle of my lightsaber in her hand. 

I followed her down the corridors of The Finalizer, but not like a lost puppy as I used to do: I stood with my back straight, and had a piercing look on my face. Captain Phasma had lectured me on appearances; I had to look imposing to whomever was glancing, I had to show my superiority and power. Captain Phasma was walking the same path I had when I had gone out of my living quarters, right before Kylo and I... I didn't want to even think about it, it pained me too much and the guilt was overpowering my senses, I had to stay in control of my thoughts and emotions, that is something else Captain Phasma had taught me, and I usually wondered how she knew all of this.

General Hux had walked out of the command room, looking for something, or someone. When he saw us approaching, he swiftly walked in front of us and ignored my presence, which didn't surprise me. " Captain, is everything set? " He asked, in his soulless tone that was beginning to rub off on me, and I didn't like a single bit of it. " Yes, my general. We are heading towards the space craft." She replied. Space craft?! 'We'?! I'm leaving The Finalizer?! I was yelling in my head continuously. But- what if, Kylo returned? I lamented. 

" Captain Phasma, I will meet you at the ship." Hux said, taking a glimpse at me, which was odd, because in his usually cold eyes, I thought I catched a small glimpse of empathy. Captain Phasma continued her path with me walking beside her. I knew how to get to the take off terrace: I hade ran these halls with Rey, months ago. I wanted to ask where I was going, so badly. But I wouldn't: with the disciplinary training Captain Phasma had made me go through, she had specified that asking questions, unless in interrogations, was unsuitable for someone who was an apprentice of the dark side. 

The spaceship was not very big, but it was spacious, it reminded me of Kylo's command shuttle, except this one seemed more... superiorized. General Hux arrived minutes later, and that is when Captain Phasma left me alone with the arrogant general, but I knew now was the chance to ask where I was going. " General Hux," I started saying, while we both boarded the space craft. " Where are we going?" Hux looked at me for long seconds and sighted. " We are going to a mega-class Star Dreadnought." He finally said. I stared at him with confusion, I did not know most of the First Order ships' names. 

Hux rolled his eyes and looked at a blank spot on the ship. " The supremacy, y/n. We are heading towards The Supremacy."