Chapter 112, Damaged

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

Even with a damaged wing, the Naboo star fighter was able to go at a steady flight while in hyperspace. I've got to thank Poe for teaching me the basics of flying, I told myself, determined to get to the resistance after I left the sanctuary to tell him personally.

Something was bothering me, and it had been since I remembered what planet Pha Stett's sanctuary was located in: Carlac. " Why do I remember mentioned Carlac a couple months ago?" I sighed, a little annoyed. I knew I had talked about it, but I couldn't place what exactly. That's not the way of the Jedi, or the Sith, or anyone, for that matter, y/n! You have to remember important stuff! I rolled my eyes angrily at myself and my lack of attention to crucial details.  

I was snapped out of my thoughts by an abrupt turbulence on the ship, I shot my head up from it's resting position on the head rest of the pilot's seat and looked around the control panel. There was a little alarm glowing red, and it indicated the left wing of the star fighter. " This can't be good."

I huffed and turned slowly to see what the problem was through the transparent cockpit. Due to the speed and energy caused by the jump into hyperspace, the damaged wing was on fire. Yes, on fire. 

" No, no, no! Not this! Not now!" I shrieked, trying to find a solution, but it was of no use: I had no droid to fix it from the outside, and I couldn't send a communication signal to anyone in the galaxy. " Guess I need to land this thing before it blows up." I sighed angrily, opening a holographic map with a radar that set the view of where I was.

The outer rim territories, huh? Seems way too familiar for me. I rolled my eyes sarcastically, this area of the galaxy hadn't brought good memories and experiences to me in  the past year, but I didn't have much of a choice, the outer rim was huge, and with the flawed star fighter, I wasn't going to be able to reach the mid rim.

" Carlac is also in the Outer Rim, but according to the map, it's quite far." I told myself, scanning the hologram in search of a path I could take to safely arrive at my desired planet once the wing issue was fixed. 

Where's the closest planet to my current location? I questioned myself, zooming in on the map. The heat from the flammable wing was reaching the cockpit, and I knew I had to act fast, or else I'd be doomed with a failing wing in the middle of outer space. 

I sighed at my bad luck. It's not even supposed to be able to catch on fire, I lamented. I'm in outer space, for crying out loud! There's no oxygen! Stupid wing ventilation system. 

When I drifted my attention back on the map, my eyes widened at the planet. " Oh of course." I ironically exclaimed. " This just had to happen, right. And now. When I have no other choice." 

The closes planet to my location was the infamous Nal Hutta. Only to think of it made me nauseous. The heat coming from smelly fumes, the unclean buildings and roads, and the contaminated air all mixed together to form the civilization on the planet, at least in my experience.

But can I really do anything about it? I tried to relieve my anger and disgust. I'd rather spend a couple hours dealing for a ship then dying in one. I nodded slowly and set the automatic pilot towards Nal Hutta, most specifically towards the closest space port town there was. Right now, I didn't care where I landed, as long as I actually arrived alive, and I wasn't caught by any grand criminal or storm troopers. 

Protecting myself from danger or any unpleasant encounter would be hard, I didn't have my green lightsaber anymore. I was forced to destroy it when I became a Knight of Ren, trading the Jedi weapon for the bled kyber curbed hilt saberstaff. I had been so surprised that Kylo remembered it, and I had been heart broken to destroy such a valuable object. Even more so now that I knew where it came from. It had been made from the kyber crystal Pha Stett had sent me to collect on Ilium. My true Jedi lightsaber.

" And let's just say I'm not in the best state to use the force against anyone, ever." I told myself out loud. The ship started shaking abruptly, taking me out of my trance of thoughts and back at what was going on. Right. There's a damaged wing. And I need to land. I reminded myself, taking the helm of the star fighter in both my hands and turning the automatic pilot off. 

A greenish planet was beginning to appear in the near horizon, becoming larger. It was still pretty far, but it was close enough so I could see the ring of asteroids surrounding it. " Gosh, this brings back so many recollections." I said through gritted teeth, directing the ship towards the planet carefully.

If I continue like this with other harm to the ship, I should get there in a couple minutes. I told myself, preparing the ship for an abrupt landing. And now, how the hell am I going to save myself form this star fighter? Once I enter the atmosphere, the damage will come in contact with oxygen... I sighed, not having thought about that.

" That'll cause complications, but I'll manage." I huffed. " Surprisingly I always do. Sometimes I wonder how I'm not dead, I manage to get into so much trouble all the time." I began to ramble, but quickly focused on my objective, noticing how the red button that designated the left wing of the star fighter was now emitting a sound, like an alarm.

Oh great. Thank gosh I have only a couple minutes left. I sighed, looking to the side of the ship towards the wing: a part of it had been ripped off, and loose cables, some that were ripped apart were swinging behind it. 

" It could've been worse, y/n. It always can. This isn't bad, I mean, it is, but not that bad." I shrugged, preparing the ship for landing, tilting the tip of the star fighter downwards. 

I had the instinct to close my eyes as the Naboo star fighter entered the atmosphere of Nal Hutta. The ship started shaking and rumbling could be heard from outside. I shot my eyes open and exhaled a breath I didn't know I was holding, taking a tight grip of the commands of the ship, I stabilized it. 

It's raining, I thought with relief, knowing it was raining hard enough to prevent a fire from starting on the wing as the ship came in contact with oxygen. I sighed in relief and looked to the left, not taking any chances. The fire that would've started because of the blast of the Steadfast was indeed, extinguished, but I had a new problem.

The loose cables still had electricity flowing through them, and at the contact with the dense water droplets, the electric shock carbonized the wing. " It could be worse..." I insisted through gritted teeth, seeing the landing track of the space port nearing at a fast velocity. 

I pulled the steering handle as far back as I could, I swear I thought I'd rip it, to lift the nose of the star fighter, that was about to run into the ground. As I landed abruptly, I hit the breaks, but the impact sent the rest of the left wing coverage flying out of place, and I knew the ship would catch on fire soon. 

Not even thinking, I blocked the brakes of the star fighter, swung the cockpit open, and jumped, taking impulse on the right wing as I made it far enough thanks to a little help from force levitation. I landed on my feet, but stumbled and fell to my knees as the ship blew up seconds after I had jumped. 

I closed my eyes and covered my ears at the sound, holding my breath as I turned to see the debris of the Naboo star fighter on fire. " I'm too reckless for this galaxy." I whispered to myself, watching as a crowd gathered around the incident. 

I turned back around towards the town, and I couldn't believe my eyes. Remembering when I said it could get worse, well, it had just gotten to a whole new level of worse. I was none other than in Jiguuna, the town once parkoured by the Crimson Hunter. 

--------------------

Y/n's taking a nice trip back in past places!

Let's see how that turns out... the real identity of the Crimson Hunter walking around the town once dominated by her alter ego...

I hope you guys liked the chapter! If you want to, in any way, communicate with me in another platform that isn't Wattpad, you can do so through Gmail!

My email address is:  ' author.camille.a@gmail.com ' I'll gladly answer! 

Stay safe, stay at home, and more importantly: stay happy!

Best regards,

- Camille