Chapter 120, Razor Crest

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

I couldn't contain my smile. It had been so long since I'd heard from Mando, and it felt amazing to be reunited with a friend after so long. The small shuttle was pulled in by Mando's space craft magnetic force, and I hurriedly took the holographic transmitter and my small black bag from the copilot seat. 

A little glowing dot on the control panel indicated that the space shuttle was now secured to Mando's ship, so I wouldn't go flying out into space when I opened the gate. 

I ran down the very small corridor of the shuttle and unlocked the pressure hatch on the roof on the shuttle. The wheel of the hatch was heavy and rusty, but after some attempts, I pushed the metal round door forward and it opened.

I poked my head out and looked around Mando's space craft. Thank the stars that the space shuttle is tiny. I sighed in relief and went back inside. I went to the cockpit and programmed the control panel into automatic pilot mode, which I had finally found after useless attempts when I actually needed it, but I was glad I didn't spot it before, or I might've not encountered Mando.

" Kothari's going to be happy to have his ship back." I laughed to myself as I programmed the ship to land in Jiguuna. " Hopefully it lands well, not like the Naboo star fighter." I huffed and ran out the ship, pushing myself up the hatch and slid down the metal ship. 

I watched it disappear into space below Mando's ship towards the greenish criminal planet. Well, that's one thing done. I smiled, content to get rid of anything that would tie me back to Nal Hutta. 

Footsteps echoed from behind me as they stepped onto the metal small hangar of the Razor Crest. I turned around and was greeted by the same shimmering of Mando's silver helmet. He stood a couple yards behind, remaining silent, maybe knowing I needed space to close the chapter of my life that consisted Nal Hutta, Mithus Kothari, and everything related to that era. 

I closed my eyes and sighed happily, glad the trip down the memory lane of Nal Hutta was finally over, and I had no more reason to return to the planet, or cross Mithus' conceited face ever again. 

I slowly blinked many times, adjusting to the brighter lighting of the ship, walking towards my old comrade. " The Mandalorian." I side smirked, putting my hands on my hips.

" The bounty." He responded in the same tone as I.

There was a silence that settled between the both of us for less than a minute. I stared at his helmet, and I had the feeling that below it, Mando was also staring at me right in the eye. To any passerby, it would've appeared that we were about to rip each other's head off at any moment. 

Mando and I exploded into laughter, and I threw my arms around his armor. He patted my head and my shoulder in a friendly way. I looked up, only to be met with my own disfigured and blurred reflection on Mando's silver helmet. 

" Hey Mando." I smiled with genuine happiness. 

" How's it going, y/n?" He chuckled as the hug ended. " It's been a while, hasn't it?"

I nodded and stepped a couple feet back. " Yeah, it has. I'm doing peachy actually. Just escaped the claws of a crime lord back there. The one that hired me as the Crimson Hunter? So, I'm doing fantastic." I said sarcastically.

" Tough." Mando commented. " How could I forget? Mithus K- something you said his name was?"

 " Yes. Kothari. I'm surprise you actually remember, I did think you'd forgotten about me, if I'm being honest." I scratched the back of my neck, a little embarrassed by my thoughts. " How could I? That mass hunt was... one of a kind." The bounty hunter shook his head and sighed, remembering that time a couple months ago.