Chapter 37, Face to face with an ally

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

I stood still, not really knowing what to do. I had been caught. Crap. What do I do now?! I yelled in my mind as I tried to come up with a plan in that instant. I decided to not cause more suspicion than I had already done and climbed off the couple steps of the ladder I had begun mounting to climb to the X wing. I turned around slowly, to see who had stopped me from leaving D'Qar, but I already knew. There was only one person who had a lightsaber here: Rey.

She held her lightsaber that shined in the black night, it illuminated her face, that had the expression of being betrayed, but Rey had been... by me.

" Rey..." I started saying, but I wouldn't know what to say. How do you explain to someone you had a vision of one of the highest members of the First Order, who turns out to be the man you love, will be murdered in the near future by the Supreme Leader of the Order if I don't become a Praetorian Guard?! I babbled in my head. " Listen Rey, I know what you might be thinking, but I swear I have no bad intensions." I muttered, as she slowly took steps towards me.

" What the hell do you think you're doing, y/n?! Sneaking off to an X wing in the middle of the night?! I thought you were with us, with the Resistance." Rey exclaimed angrily, but I knew she was hurt. I didn't answer her, because I didn't know if I was with the Resistance. Did they even give me time to decide?! Both sides took me without letting me get a word on whose sect I stand with, so I couldn't tell Rey a lie, I am not with the Resistance, and I am not with the First Order, I stand with Kylo, and him only.

" Come on y/n. I don't want to force you to come with me, but I will if I have to." Rey threatened. " I can't let you get away like this." She added, as she starting pacing closer and closer towards me. I stepped back, seeing someone with a lightsaber while I was weaponless brought nightmarish memories I had tried convincing myself I had forgotten them. I might not be afraid of Kylo anymore, I whispered to myself. But Rey is not Kylo, even if I know she wouldn't do that...

" S- stand back!" I exclaimed, trying to seem as imposing as possible, but Rey only continued stepping closer and closer. " Y/n... Don't do this. You're safe. You have us, you have the Resistance. The First Order won't get to you." Rey tried convincing me, as she extended her hand, just how Kylo had done when he had asked me to become his apprentice. " Don't you get it?!" I yelled at her.

Rey stopped walking, she had been surprised by my outburst as much as I had been. " I'm not afraid of the First Order, Rey!" I screamed at her. " Of course I didn't pick their side: I was forced into it, but why does everyone assume I'm with the Rebellion?! You, Finn, Poe, Leia. You all forced me into your side the same way they did!"

" y/n..." Rey started whispering as she stepped closer even more.

" Don't come near me!" I ordered loudly. " I care for you and the rest, Rey. But I can't stay here." I muttered. " Of course you can, y/n! We risk our lives everyday. You being here doesn't put us more at risk than we already are! Chose us, y/n. Chose to join the light side." Rey insisted, extending her hand once again for me to take it. " I can't, Rey." I told her in a shaky tone, as if I was about to cry. " Why, y/n? What is preventing you from doing so?" I could sense the desperation in her tone, and I knew she only wanted to help me, to make me join the light side, and no matter how much I wanted to take her hand and join the fight, I couldn't.

" Rey. I had a vision." I whispered, but loud enough so she could hear me. " Like the visions you had taught me about, the force visions." I muttered. " In the foresight, horrible things are predicted to happen if I stay here. Someone very, very important to me dies, and because of me. They die because I stay here, because I don't accept my doom."

" W- what are you saying, y/n? What doom?" Rey asked. I only hoped she would believe me, but I couldn't tell her what awaited for me once I left D'Qar. I couldn't let anyone know what the Supreme Leader had in mind.

" Rey, I can't say much. All I can tell you is that I have to go. I can't let them die..." I whispered, heading once again towards the ladder of the X wing.

" No." Rey said firmly. " I'm sorry, y/n. But I can't let you leave to the First Order. You're our only hope." I couldn't believe it. Rey didn't care if someone dear to me would die if I didn't leave. She only wanted me to be the spark of the Resistance's fire. I was angry, hell. I was infuriated that she wouldn't understand, but that wouldn't stop me.

Rey stepped towards me cautiously, this time she would force me to stay on D'Qar, and I knew it. I reached into my bag, looking for anything that could cause a distraction so I could takeoff in the X wing, and that is when I felt it. The cold, metal- like tube in my bag that made it oddly heavier.

The handle of a lightsaber.