Chapter 126, Questions

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

Pha Stett's words had kept me thinking for hours. The time for redemption will come, but it isn't meant for me. " What could she have possibly meant?" I sighed, walking towards the large camp fire that had been organized as the sun began setting and the temperature dropped more. Luckily, Aro had been kind enough to give me a shawl to keep me warm from the weather of Carlac, which I more than gladly put on. 

" Din! You're here!" I exclaimed, waiving my hand in the air as I jogged towards the bounty hunter. 

He was sitting around the camp fire, with a bundled up blanket in his arms. A pair of long green ears were poking out of it. He had brought the little green alien with him. I smiled and sat crossed legged next to Din, absorbing the heat of the fire. 

" He's really adorable." I cooed, looking at the green child. 

" Do you want to carry him?" Din asked, handing me the little alien wrapped in the brown blanket. I couldn't contain my smile as the green alien stretched his little arms towards me, giggling. " How'd you find him?" I chuckled, leaning the child on my arm.

" It's a long story, a story for another day too." Din replied, leaning on a rock. " He sure seems to like you. He's usually not that friendly with strangers."

" Stranger? I'm no stranger." I mocked. 

" Of course, of course." He laughed. 

" Pardon me sir. My memory was missing, give me a break." I playfully rolled my eyes. 

Aro came towards us with bowls of soup, which I, for one, gladly took. " It's good to have you back with us, y/n." He smiled sheepishly and sat down in front of me and Din. 

" It's good to be back." I replied. 

" I'd sure hope so. Do you have any idea of the ramble she kept telling me about this place?" Din told Aro. " Um, rude?" I slapped his shoulder.

" I was curious. How did you two meet each other? I mean, y/n, in what trouble did you get into to cross paths with a bounty hunter?" Aro laughed. 

I looked at Din's helmet, and he did the same. " It's a long story. Let's just say without Din, I'd probably be dead right now." I cleared my throat. 

" C'mon, y/n. Don't give me that much credit." Din mocked. " You know you like when I boost your ego, Din Din." I rolled my eyes playfully and drifted my attention towards the little green alien I was holding. 

He was staring at me with his big eyes, and had a playful little smile. I put my hand in front of him, and he grabbed it with both of his small hands, playing around with it. I chuckled. " You really are a cute little guy." I cooed. 

Din and Aro were talking about who knows what, and everyone else seemed to be in their own little world or conversation, all except me and the child. The little green creature was astonishing in every aspect. The force was strong within the little guy, there was no doubt in that, and I still wondered how a bounty hunter and a baby ended up together, but I wouldn't push the question. 

" If only you could talk, little one. I'd love to know what your name is." I smiled. 

The child twitched his ears and cooed. " Do you understand me? How peculiar." I chuckled. The green alien then shifted to look at Mando, slightly smiling. What an odd pairing, I sighed, stroking the child's head with my thumb. A little like me and Kylo...

I sighed, looking towards the starry night sky. It reminded me of his dark eyes. My heart ached. I never wanted to leave him. Not after what I'd seen at Lake Country. Kylo was beggining to act more like Ben Solo, but he was still resisting. The conflict in him was obvious.