Chapter 51, Complying

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

That's it, y/n. They know who I am. This is were Hux or blows my brain out, or takes me back to a First Order star destroyer, I told myself.  Why was I even surprised? Everything was never how I planned it out to be. There was always something that had to go wrong. I tried to maintain my posture, if this was the end, at least I would go down looking fearless. 

" So, Mithus Kothari. This is the bounty hunter you wanted to tell us about?" Hux asked, in a suspicious tone. " The Crimson Hunter looks quite... small." I furrowed my eyebrows and closed my firsts, but didn't say anything: it appeared that maybe Hux didn't know it was me behind the mask and the hood.

" You wouldn't be fooling the First Order, right Kothari? Even for a powerful man like you, it is not a good idea." Hux said, doubtful. I could see how uneasy Mithus was, he was scared. " Of course not, General. She is the best bounty hunter I have." What a scum. I whispered in my mind as I rolled my eyes. I've told him so many times I'm not his bounty hunter. Hux remained silent, observing me. Maybe trying to catch a glimpse at my face, so I made sure to look at my boots. 

" Mithus, a word?" I asked surprisingly calm. Even though I hated the voice distortion mask, I couldn't feel more glad having it on me, I knew Hux would've recognized my voice.

I stepped far away from the table the couple of First Order generals were seated at, and Mithus followed. " Don't call me Mithus in front of these people, Crimson Hunter." He said in a hushed tone. This guy is a joke. " Are you serious right now? What are you doing? Selling me to the First Order as if I was a slave?" I whispered angrily. Mithus rolled his eyes and looked towards the table. " Listen C.H, I owed the First Order a... favor." He whispered back. " And they need a good bounty hunter." I remained silent. There was no way I was going with the First Order. " It pays really well?.." Mithus added.

My silence was the only answer I needed to give: no matter how much money the First Order was offering, I wouldn't go. I could never risk me being the bounty that had to be hunt down. " Listen Mithus- Mr. Kothari." I said in a mocking tone. " I do not care how much money they offer. I'm not leaving Nal Hutta." 

Mithus massaged his forehead with the palm of his hand, sighting. " I wasn't really offering, C.H. The First Order wants all good bounty hunters working for them on a mass hunt." He told me. " Why?" I ask, trying not to shake of fear. " Dunno. Beats me. But it could be your chance to prove yourself to the whole galaxy as part of the top bounty hunters out there." Mithus added, trying to convince me. 

" No." I replied coldly as I turned around, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible.

Mithus grabbed my arm, and I quickly released it. " They'll take you anyways." He whispered. " This time, the First Order isn't asking or requesting bounty hunters, they are ordering them to serve in the mass hunt."

I stumbled back a couple steps. No way. I muttered in my head nervously. I've literally just begun piecing my new life together as a bounty hunter, and now I'm going back to square one?! And possibly my death as well. " Who's the bounty?" I asked, even though I knew Mithus would not know. He shrugged and turned to look back towards the table were Hux and the two other generals sat.

" Listen C.H. You don't got much of an option here. Or you comply, or they take you by force. I'm sorry Crimson Hunter, but I'm afraid you won't be staying in Nal Hutta." Mithus said, turning around and preparing to walk back towards the First Order generals. " You're rubbish, Kothari." I muttered to him as I followed Mithus back towards the large table. 

General Hux and the other First Order captains stood up and stared at me for a split second, before turning back to Mithus. " Will the Crimson Hunter take place in the First Order hunt?" Hux asked, as if I ever had the choice to decline it.

" Of course, general. She's all yours." He said, while he smiled nervously. " Pleasure doing bussiness with you!" He exclaimed as the First Order superiors started walking away, with a large squad of stormtroopers to guard them. Mithus eyed me and motioned his head for me to follow them. I raised my middle finger at Mithus and shot one last glance at the nice looking underground palace he had, taking deep breaths. Everything will be alright. You won't die... Hopefully. I repeated to myself. 

The streets of Jiguuna were empty, which startled me, not long ago, they had been filled with criminal life. But at the same time, I thought how the First Order must've wanted the alleys deserted as important generals arrived. The First Order squadron walked into the space port, which I had promised never to go back into again since the first day I had landed on Nal Hutta. All this could've been prevented because of a stupid escape pod taken by Nal Huttan rulers. I lamented to myself as I followed a couple yards behind Hux as I boarded the large space shuttle.

A stormtrooper guided me to a little lounge, reminding me of the deceased OC- 7234, and then left me alone. I stopped breathing for countless seconds as the ship took off into outer space, there was no going back. Not like I had much of the option.

What are you getting yourself into now, y/n? I asked myself, in hopes maybe my little conscience would tell me what to do.