Chapter 133, Din Djarin

/ First Person POV /

( Din's perspective )

I had barely shut my eyes last night. I knew I was tired from the trip halfway across the galaxy to get y/n to Carlac, but I just couldn't fall asleep with the many thoughts buzzing in my head. The night before, Aro had informed me of a news I knew would happen sooner or later, but for some reason I didn't want to believe in too much. 

Y/n was leaving Carlac, sooner than I'd expected. It was today, and maybe she was already gone, I could only hope not. We'd lived some bizarre adventures as fellow bounty hunters, things I never thought would happen did with her as a friend, she really was a magnet for trouble, and I didn't mind the odd situations we ended up in because of her, it was entertaining.

 Y/n was truly a great partner, one which I didn't mind the company of, so of course I would be somber when she'd leave. Getting myself out of those thoughts, I turned my head away from my pillow to look at the kid, who was staring right back. 

" You know something's up, don't you?" I chuckled under my breath, rising from the bed. The child cooed and twitched his long ears as a response, pointing at the door of the hut. 

" Well of course we're going after her. What type of friend would I be if I just let her leave like that?" I smirked, taking my silver helmet from the side table and putting it on my head. I wrapped the child in a brown blanket to protect him from the morning cold and headed out of the hut, holding my breath as a gush of wind welcomed us unpleasantly. 

If I recall correctly, Aro indicated the way to the clearing was through the woods to the north. I hummed mentally, taking my chances to go into the snowy woodland in early morning, when there wasn't much light, but enough for me not to run into trees. It wasn't long until I spotted two silhouettes very similar to y/n and Aro walking in the same direction I was, and of course, I followed. 

Not too far in the distance was the clearing, which seemed to be an area more illuminated by the morning light than any other part of the wood. When the two silhouettes stepped away from the trees, I could clearly see that indeed it was y/n and her companion. 

I smirked and pushed my way through the trees, which I had noticed had gotten denser, and the knee high snow complicated the swiftness of my steps. Let's approach carefully, just incase there's the opportunity to startle her at least one more time. I thought to myself. " What type of fantastic friend would I be if I didn't attempt to give her a heart attack with a good old scare?"

I chuckled and turned my attention towards the kid, who looked at me with a confused expression. " Alright, little guy. Quiet from now on, okay?" I whispered, hiding behind the trees as I walked as discretely as possible towards the clearing. 

As I neared, I saw that Pha Stett had already taken notice of my presence, but she didn't say anything to y/n, who was busy contemplating a small spacecraft that had just emerged from the clearing. 

I leaned on the tree opposite to Aro for a couple minutes, watching my young friend fangirl over the ship. She looked genuinely happy, and I couldn't bring myself to ruin that for her, even with a scare prank.

Y/n boarded the transparent cockpit, and I knew she wasn't going to hesitate to leave, so I took my entrance and walked towards the space ship. She still hadn't noticed I was there, so I caught her attention with a tap on her shoulder, making y/n snap her head my way.

" Leaving without saying goodbye, are we now?" I said with a smirk, which of course I'd be the only one to know about. 

" Din!" She exclaimed, hopping off the spacecraft to be at my level. " What are you doing here?"