Chapter 55, Escape Routes

/ First Person Protagonist POV / 

I held my breath tightly, as if not breathing would not make Kylo aware of my presence on The Finalizer. I stood only a couple yards away from the man I love, from the man I had ran away from a month ago.  I felt my eyes getting a little watery, and I dug my nails deep into my palms to prevent tears from rolling down my cheeks. Calm down, y/n. Act like the Crimson Hunter. Be aware of your surroundings, it could be a trap. I ordered myself as I tried not to shake in place, even if I had hope Kylo wouldn't want to kill me, I couldn't help but feel frightened. 

We had stayed silent for a couple minutes, the only sound was the machinery of the command room beeping robotically and the couple steps from storm trooper patrols walking in the hallway outside. 

" Supreme Leader." Captain Phasma said as she kneeled her head slightly to the front. Is she... bowing to him?!  Captain Phasma submitting to Kylo Ren- even if he was the new Supreme Leader of the First Order -  was something I would've never expected, and it reminded me of the vision I had, when Kylo had knelt down to Snoke and he had... died, reminding me of the sacrifice I had made for my freedom to be taken away in exchange for his life saved. I'd do it all over again if it meant he staying alive. I told myself as I sighted: No matter how much Kylo would hurt me, or if he had organized a mass hunt to track me down, I would do anything for him to be safe.

" Here are the group of bounty hunters you have requested, Supreme Leader." Captain Phasma said, motioning towards our group even though Kylo still had his back faced towards us.

What are you doing Kylo? I asked him mentally, but I had blocked my thoughts. Turn around for the galaxy's sake!  It was stressing me to no end that he didn't seem to have acknowledged the presence of the bounty hunters and I. He had remained silent, looking towards the stars on the opposite side of the glass wall in front of him. 

I skimmed the group of bounty hunters: they all seemed so ruthless and bloodthirsty, and I was scared that if I was the bounty, they would somehow figure out the Crimson Hunter is the one that has to be hunted down, and they would not hesitate to decapitate me if the order was to bring me dead or alive. Then I looked at Mando: I could tell his helmet was slightly moving from looking at Kylo and looking at me. Crap. Has he noticed I was staring in Kylo's direction and am shaking out of fear?! I dug my nails deeper into my palms and fixed my posture, and in good time, because Kylo Ren had turned around and looked at us through his fissured mask, his cape floating behind him.

He remained quiet, and I tried to catch a glimpse at his chestnut eyes behind the mask, if they were looking at me. But it didn't seem like it: he had totally ignored my presence. Could it be that... the force revolving around me abandoned me? I thought to myself. That would explain why he seems not to have noticed it's me. I sighted in relief, but I kept my guard up: I didn't know what to expect, or if to feel comfort that he hadn't recognized me, because... it was a little paining.

" The reason you all stand here today," Kylo said unexpectedly through his robotic voice. " Is because there is someone I need you to... fetch for me." He seemed so cold. More hateful than before. " This bounty is... crucial to the First Order." He paused a lot as he spoke, as if he was uncertain of what to say when addressing us, which I found odd: he was the Supreme Leader of the First Order, and we were low life bounty hunting rats to him. 

" You will receive further information tomorrow..." Kylo added, and I could see the unease in Captain Phasma as she shifted her weight to her other leg. Odd..

The group of storm troopers that had guided us into the command room now herded us and guided the group of bounty hunters and I outside, back into the cold corridors of The Finalizer. I felt Mando's presence walking towards me, and I closed my eyes tightly shut, to see if I was just imagining things: but he was next to me. 

" Crimson Hunter." He whispered as he strode at my pace besides me. 

" Mando." I repeated, trying to sound as emotionless as I could. " I saw your unease around the Supreme Leader Kylo Ren..." He muttered, and my breathing accelerated. " U- unease? I have no idea what you're talking about." I babbled out, trying to sound as professional as I could. Mando scoffed and shook his head slightly. " Look, whatever problems you've had with the First Order in the past are none of my concern, but if you ever need a place to go under the radar after this mass hunt, take this." He said, sliding a type of holographic transmitter into an outer pocket of my robe.

" Why?" I asked him, a little suspicious. " I don't know. But I have a feeling it's the right thing to do." He said as he went back to his place in the file. I was a little doubtful, but if I had to escape, or if the mass hunt wasn't for me and it was over, Mando's suggestion could really come in handy, so I kept the odd gadget. 

The stormtroopers had each guided us towards little living quarters, and I came in front of a door that reminded me of my old living quarter as Kylo's apprentice, bringing back nostalgic memories. You can do this, y/n. This is your chance to find a possible escape route. Tonight. I planned to myself as I entered the small room and locked the door. 

/ Time skip /

I had waited hours doing absolutely nothing. I had changed my brown leather bag for a black one and got rid of it, someone could've recognized it. I packed inside the new bag the green lightsaber, a blaster, and a couple provisions. Ok, y/n. You're ready to leave if everything goes wrong. I took deep breaths and unlocked the door as silently as I could, peaking outside the hallway. Empty...

I strode quietly through the halls, trying to looking unsuspicious. I didn't want to escape, but I wanted to find a possible way out if I had to. It was so dark, there was barely wall lighting in this hallway, and I watched were I was stepping, not to make any sound. 

I was walking carelessly through The Finalizer, taken back by the familiar places, I had begun forgetting why I was even out. I was striding down a large corridor, when a hand grabbed my arm and another gloved one was placed in front of my mouth, so I couldn't speak. Whoever it had been had pulled me into a room before I could react.