Chapter 5

MJ POV

I woke up to my alarm going off. I groaned and reached to stopped my alarm. I've always hated mornings. Definitely not a morning person. Unless I have a cup of coffee in my hand. I heard soft knocks on my door. "Come in" I said before grabbing my glasses and putting them on. "Hey, it's Tara, Franny, and Chelsey." Tara said. I smiled and moved to make room on my bed. They walked in still wearing their pajamas. One by one they got into my bed. Tara on the left of me and the other two on my right. They were holding me. "The guys told us what happened" Franny said. I let out a sad chuckle. "Figures" I said playing my blanket. "How about we got have breakfast at this cute diner I found with Jake." Tara said. "Yes please" Chelsey said. I laughed at how eager she was. "Let me go brush my teeth and we'll go" I said. I got up and made my way to my bathroom. I didn't look like a complete crack head. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I walked back out to see Franny looking for a hoodie. Most likely the hoodie I got at a Beyoncé concert. I walked to her, grabbing a pair of joggers and a hoodie before slipping on my vans. "Okay y'all ready?" I asked. I received a lot of "yes". I grabbed my wallet and phone before heading to the kitchen. The girls and I made our way to my car but I made Franny drive us. If you're wondering how, I used the 'my ex is an asshole who hurt me again' card. It was about a 20 minute drive. Full of singing, laughing and well more singing. We pulled up to this cute diner. Looks like the diner from the 50s you know the one like in Grease? Betty's Diner. I smiled at the sign. When I first started working, I worked here for nearly 3 years. I started my junior year. I loved this place but it's been awhile since I've stepped foot in this place. We walked in and we had already heard laughter. Sounds like obnoxious boys if I'm being honest. I didn't pay any attention them. We made our way to the booth on the other side. "Is that my sweet MJ?" I heard. I looked over to see the owner, Betty, herself. I got up from my seat and ran to Betty. "Nana" I called out, embracing her in a hug. We stayed like this for awhile. "Look at you. Beautiful as ever. Come on hun, let's get you some food." She said holding cheeks. I smiled and made our way over to the table. "I see you've made some new friends" Nana said. I smiled and looked over at the girls. "I sure did" I said. The girls order before I did. "MJ special?" Nana asked me. I looked up at her and smiled. "Wait is Dan still working here?" I asked looking over at the kitchen window. There he is, Dan is Betty's husband. They took me as their family. Dan and Betty were like the grandparents I never had. Betty smiled and nodded her in the direction of the kitchen. "Go on back there. He's missed you" she said. I smiled and kissed her cheek. I walked towards the kitchen. I got look at the boys that were here before us. I swear that they looked familiar. I brushed it off and stood at the kitchen window, watching Dan flip the pancakes. I rung the bell to get his attention. He set the pancake down on the plate and looked up. "MJ is that you?" He said with a big smile. I nodded my head quickly and smiled. "Hey pa, hows it going?" I said. He made his way over to me and embraced me in a hug. In all my years of being with them, I've never seen pa cry before. Betty walked over and seen us hugging. I then began to shed some tears as well. I heard the click of a camera. I looked at the direction and seen Betty holding her camera up. "Betty, our baby is back" pa said smiling at me. I talked to both Betty and Dan about everything. Pa wasn't so happy with Colby but tara told him about the few hits I got in. He laughed it off as Nana made me go ring up the boys tickets. "Nana, I don't work here. Isn't that bad if I do this?" I asked walking over to the registers. "Hello, how was everything?" I asked not looking up at the person. "MJ?" I heard a deep voice. I slowly looked up to be faced with Zion and the boys behind him. "Oh hey" I said. He handed me the check and his debit card. As the card was processing. He spoke up. "Do you work here or something?" I shook my head with a slight laugh. "I use to, I came here to eat actually but nana is making me do this because of something. Her way of punishment" I said looking over at my friends plus nana and pa. I guess Zion followed my gaze and then looked back at me. "You look adorable in glasses" he said. I was confused and then realized I had my glasses on. I smiled at him. "Would you like to leave a tip?" I asked handing him his card. "Already on the table ma" he said. Ma? Really boy. I looked over his shoulder and seen Edwin. "What's up Eddie" I said causing him too look up from his phone. "You MJ, what's good girl" he said. I laughed and said "nothing much, just finishing up my punishment" he looked at me confused. "Zion will fill you in later. But right now I gotta go finish eating before nana and pa make me clean" I said with laugh. I gave Eddie a hug as the other boys left besides Zion. Edwin walked out leaving Zion and I. "I'll text you later ma" Zion said kissing my cheek. I stood there kind of surprised by his actions. I gave him a slight smile as he waved at me. I walked back to the table. Everyone looking at him as I took a bite of my pancakes. "What?" I asked with my mouth full.
"Who was the young boy who kissed your cheek?" Pa asked giving me a 'what the hell' look. I smiled and said "just a friend I met. We actually met them at the part I was dragged too" glaring at the girls who just laughed.