Chapter 37

Zion's POV

I walked into Maddi's house. Jc was in the kitchen. He looked at me and smiled "Kian's trying to wake her up. Beware" he said. I nodded my head at him and walked towards her room. "Come on Mj, way something please" I heard Kian say. In return I heard Maddi groan and say "Kian I'm fucking tired. Let me sleep you ass" I smiled because she can get grumpy if you wake her. "God you're so difficult. Whatever I'm leaving" Kian said. Probably rolling his eyes at her. I had stopped, waiting for him to open the door. And he did, the look he had was pretty pissed. He quickly closed the door and poked his finger at my chest. "You are in so much shit" he said trying to hold back a laugh. A wave of relief flowed through my body. "Shit I thought you were gonna beat my ass" I said chuckling. He shook his head "nope, Maddi will do that" he replied. I released a big breath I didn't know I was holding in. "Imma go talk to her." I said pointing to her door. Kian nodded his head and patted my back. "Good luck. May the odds be ever in your favor" he said walking away. Goddamn these guys really know how to boost my confidence. I lightly knocked on her door and walked in. I took my shoes off and crawled into her bed. "Baby? Maddi, wake up. I need to apologize." I whispered. No movement. Nothing. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her to me. "Mamas?" I asked a bit louder. "Caleb I swear" she started out. "You better not have your shoes on my bed" she groaned. I smiled at her words. "Took them off before I got into yo bed mamas... now turn and look at me ma" I said. She shook her head "Nah I'm good. I'm supposed to be mad at your ass." She said pulling the covers over her head. "Ight fine. Imma just stay in yo bed until you talk to me." I said getting comfortable. "Caleb. What do you want?" She asked annoyed. "Look I'm sorry mamas. I shouldn't have went to that party. I guess I was just excited to see you and I thought I could control myself. I don't usually apologize but I like you a lot. I care about you so much that I drove over here with huge ass hangover." I rambled on. "Hope you puke later on." She said. I laughed at her words and pulled her on top of me. "You forgive me?" I asked. "No." She said. I smacked my lips against my teeth. "What do I have to do to get you to forgive me mamas?" I asked. "Leave. I'm tired and can't deal with anyone right now. I just want to be alone Caleb. I'm annoyed. I'm upset. I'm worried about my brother. I just wanna sleep." She rambled. "You really want me to leave? Like deadass?" I asked kind of annoyed. My voice coming off a little raised than usual. I sat up looking at her. "I'm being deadass Zion" she said. She hardly ever says Zion. It's always Caleb to her. "God Maddi, I'm trying to not fight but you're making this so fucking difficult!" I yelled in frustration. She shot up from her position and faced me. "You don't get to yell at me. I called and waited for you. Come to find out you went to party instead of picking your girlfriend up from the airport. When you clearly said you would." She said in a slightly raised voice. I scoffed "why is it so bad that I went to a party, lost track of time? Is it cause you don't like my friends or what? I didn't cheat. I didn't do shit that could jeopardize our relationship. I made one fucking mistake Maddi. Just one" I yelled back.
"It's not the fact that I don't like your friends. I do, they're incredible. What I don't like is how you party all the fucking time. It's always we're throwing a party or so and so is throwing a party. We should go. I know it's who you are, I get that. I just don't understand how you can't stick to what you say. You made it clear how easy it is for you to forget about your own girlfriend Caleb." She said. I laughed dryly at her. "Are you fucking for real Mj? I'm sorry that my life style is an inconvenience for you. I'm sorry I made one mistake and I'm sorry for trying to apologize for my wrong doing. I'm sorry you're being so fucking difficult. I get that you don't like the party life. But you also knew what you'd be signing up for. You're being over dramatic." I said. I saw her face drop. Fuck Zion. "Since I'm being so over dramatic, leave. I don't get why you couldn't have just told me to have someone else pick me up from the airport. And drive home safe." She said. Even though we're fighting, we just needed to cool off. Her telling me to drive safe only made me want to smile. It shows that she isn't fully mad at me. "Fine I'll go home. Hope you sleep good." I said giving her a kiss on her the top of her head. I felt her relax under my hands. She looked down when I gave her a kiss.

(Hey y'all! Sooo like I did not proofread this like always😗 but I hope you enjoy it💓)