Chapter 80

Austin's POV

We had gotten off the plane. For some reason, our management decided to save time, that it'd be easier to fly us out. I didn't argue. I was just so excited to see Maddi, it's been 5 months since she left. It has been a great opportunity for her to heal. I have no idea what she said in her letter to Zion but he's been more at peace with himself. He even dumped Sammi, worked on himself and found himself a new girlfriend. They seem pretty serious but I'm not sure how he will react when he sees Maddi for the first time. "Yo Austin, what's the move?" Edwin asked. I looked up "oh bout that, Ans and I are staying with Maddi and Charlotte." I said to the boys. Nervous of their reactions. "Maddi? As in Maddi James?" Nick asked. "Charlotte? As in my ex?" Brandon asked. I chuckled nervously. "Yeah. They're picking us up." I said. They looked at me questionably. "Don't worry, management knows. That's why our hotel is close to her place" I said. Everyone nodded their heads and looked at Zion. He didn't hear a word we said. He was too caught up with his new girl. We grabbed our luggage's and walked towards the exit. I seen balloons and I then I heard my name being called. From a distance I seen Maddi and Char. I ran to them, basically tackling them in a huge hug. After we all said our hellos. I notice how Maggie was staring down Char and how Maddi felt uncomfortable. We got into her car and we talked about awkward that was for all of us. It wasn't a long drive at all. Traffic here isn't as bad as LA. "So how are you Maddi?" I asked her as we pulled up to a large building. "I'm actually good. I feel...free here" she replied. I smiled because I notice how easy it was for to answer. "That's great" Ansely said to her. We got off the car and she her keys to the valet. "Oh you're rich rich" I said to her. She laughed and shook her head no. "She's lying, she has the penthouse" Char said as we got onto the elevator. "Wow really?" I asked. Maddi smiled "yeah, guess this whole music thing worked out for me huh?" She said. The ride up was filled with laughter. "Can't believe you have this amazing view" I said walking over to her balcony. "So I order your guy's favorite sushi" Maddi said taking her shoes off. "You remember our orders?" Ans asked. Maddi smiled "of course!" She replied. "Who you interviewing with?" I asked Maddi. She looked at me and thought for awhile. "Honestly, I don't know. Celine told me she'd be here to pick me up. I guess there's another guest coming onto the show." She said. "Oh okay" I replied. It felt great to be with my best friend again. I truly missed her.

Mj's POV

I woke up early with Char, she was going with me to this interview. We have this routine, she makes our avocado toast and I make our ice coffees. "Mmm is that cado toast?" Austin asked as he sat down. "Sure is, want some?" Char asked. "Yes, I think Ans would want one too" he said. I continued making more coffees for them. I heard a knock on my door and heels hitting my floor. "Maddi you up?" I heard Celine. "Yes, in here" I yelled. After we quickly ate, both char and I were getting ready for this interview. Both Austin and Ansely had left to meet up with the boys. Once we got ready, the three of us got into the elevator. "Who's the other guest?" I asked Celine. "Not sure, they didn't say" she replied. I nodded my head before laying down on Char. "What if the other guest is actually the boys" she said playing with my hair. I laughed "god I hope not. I'm not cool with them besides Aussie" I replied. "I don't like how Brandon's girlfriend was eyeing me down." She said. I sighed and grabbed her hand. "Don't worry about Maggie. She won't do anything." I said. She nodded her head. "Okay girls lets go" Celine said as we parked. I groaned and got out of the car. We walked into the building, following Celine. "Is it weird that I saw the pm tour bus?" Char said. "You're probably seeing things char" I said as we stepped off the elevator. I turned to face her and she looked like she seen a ghost. "What?" I said turning around. "What the hell are they doing here?" I said to Celine. She sighed "if I told you it was them, would you have done this?" She asked. She does have a point but what the hell. I rolled my eyes. "Fine let's get this over with." I said walking into the room. "And today we have Maddi James, singer/songwriter. She will be talking about updates on her life and a new song." The interviewer said. "Everyone welcome in, Maddi!" He said into the mic. I smiled and sat down at the table. Putting on my headset. "Hello everyone!" I said. For the next few minutes we talked about my music. "So Maddi, how is Seattle treating you?" He asked. I smiled "really good! I love it here. It's much more calm than LA. And if I'm being honest, I feel more free here" I replied. "So if I am correct you had lost your brother and baby? Again, I give you my condolences" he said looking back up at me. What type of interview is this? "Thank you. Um yes, I had lost both my brother and baby just hours from each other. It was a difficult time but I had great friends to help me. And so I decided to come live out here because my brother and I had talked about it." I said playing with my hands.
He smiled. "If you don't mind me asking, who was the father?" The one question I was avoiding. I sighed "ummm I'm not comfortable talking about him. You can ask me anything but not about him. I want to leave that in the past." I said. He nodded his head. "Well we have another guest or should I say guests. Everyone welcome Prettymuch!" He said. The boys walked in cheering. Everyone sat down. They talked for awhile and he asked who was my favorite member. "Easy. Austin is my favorite" I replied. The boys all gasped as Austin cheered. We laughed it out before Zion and I were asked a question. "So this question is directed more at Zion and Maddi" he said. I looked up and at Austin. Who held a surprise look, I think we all did. "So you two were together for 6 months, broke up, lost a child, and still had mutual friends. How was that?" He asked. I looked at Zion and then interviewer. Clearly you could see the anger on Zion's face. I cleared my throat "well firstly, it was only 5 months of which we made it official. We were together longer than that. Secondly, I was completely scared out of my mind. Not only were we broken up but I wasn't in the right mindset to have a baby. But with the support of my friend Chelsey, she helped me see the bright side of things. I kept it a secret from Caleb because it was about two months after we had broken up. I saw how he moved on and the boys were just releasing new music. I couldn't interfere with that. Caleb found out I was pregnant when I had lost the baby." I said looking down. "Zion?" He asked. "Oh um when I found out, I was completely and utterly heart broken. I mean I had found out I was going to be a father but my baby had passed. No I don't blame Maddi for what happened, somethings are meant to be. I understood why Maddi didn't tell me, I think I was more worried about how Maddi was doing. I was thinking of all the possible scenarios on how to make her feel better." He said quickly looking at me. I didn't look at him. I couldn't. "So how are you holding up? Are you guys still friends? Any love between y'all?" He asked. I scoffed. "I'm doing great. No we aren't friends and of course there is still love. I still have love for those who were once a big part of my life. We may not be IN love with each other." I replied. I looked over at Celine and gave her a look. She said somethings to the producer who gave the interviewer a quick text. "Well that's all for today. Everyone go check out Prettymuch and the lovely Maddi James." He said. We waited for the off air sign to come on. And when it did, I quickly took of my headset and walked out. "I can't believe you let that happened." I heard Celine say to the producer. "I'm sorry Maddi. I didn't think it'd go that way" she said to me. I scoffed "it's fine, whatever, I just want to get out of here. Can we please go?" I asked. Char came walking over to me and linked her arm with mine. "Aussie you know my code. Just come over when you're done" I said giving him and Ansely a hug. I didn't bother giving the others a hug. I felt eyes on me as we walked to the elevator. "Z and his girl were staring at us" char said once the doors closed. I rolled my eyes and laid my head on her shoulder. "I don't care. They can kiss my ass" I replied. Earning a laugh from both Celine and Char.