Chapter 16

Zion's POV

Hearing Maddi rap my verse on Phases, made me feel something about her. The way she held that big smile on her face as she was pointing to me. I couldn't help but look at her in awe. "Why are staring at me?" Maddi said. I looked away, trying to hide my smile. "It's just cool, you know, you singing my verse. It's cute" I said looking at her. She smiled and rolled her eyes. I wasn't thinking and I put my hand on her thigh. She looked at me and then at my hand. I looked at the road and to her. I watched as she slid her small hand under mine. Our fingers laced together. I swear we had the biggest smiles ever.. Kinda like when I win a battle royal on fortnite. I felt this connection with her and I never had felt before. It honestly scared the shit out of me She continued to play her music as I pulled into the Taco Bell drive thru. "So whatcha want Mj?" I asked looking at her. She let go of my hand and leaned closer to me. Trying to get a better look at the menu. "Hold up" she said reaching into her hoodie. She pulled out her glasses and went back into the position she was in before. I watched as she studied the menu. She looked so beautiful with out makeup and with her glasses on. I noticed when she is tryna concentrate, her eyebrows furrow together and she bites the corner of her lip. I hadn't realize that I was staring too long. Until I heard her say my name. "Z? Did you hear me?" She asked. I shook my head "oh uh no" I said. She smiled "I asked what do you want?" I smiled and turned towards the menu. "I'll get the number 5 with a large mango tea and Uh lemme get some cinnamon twists with that" I said. I pulled up to the window and got our food and drinks. I handed maddi the food and she had already put a twist in her mouth. I smiled at her "nope, those are mine Mj." I said trying to grab my cinnamon twists. "Please?" She said sticking out her bottom lip. "Mj no. Don't give me that face." I said sternly. She didn't stop though. I groaned "fine but save me some" I said. She smiled at me and put another one in her mouth. I drove to Griffith park. And when we pulled up, there was no lights in the park. Besides the one at the entrance. I looked at maddi and then at the park. "You for real wanna go in there?" I said actually dumbfounded. She smiled and nodded. "Oh common Caleb, it's not that scary. Besides, I'll protect you if we run into a cult" I quickly looked at her. "Nah, if we go in there and some shit happens. I swear to god maddi, I'll leave yo ass in there. No fucking cap" I said my voice laced with fear. Maddi just laughed and opened the car door. "Come in Z" she said nodding her head at me. I took a deep breath and got off the car. Maddi stood by the hood of the car and held her hand out for me. I smiled and took it. "Let's enjoy this walk." She said. I followed her into the park. People were walking with their pets or partners. I leaned down and whispered in her ear "white people are crazy. Walking in this scary ass park. I swear if some shit happens like in Get Out and I die. I'm haunting you Maddi. On god bro" Maddi looked up at me and smiled. We both stopped and looked at each other. Embracing each others presence. We both started to lean in. I felt my lips brush against hers. She reached her arm up to my cheek and pulled me to her. Her soft plump lips were against mine. I gripped her waist and she wrapped her arms around my neck. One hand gripping the bottom of my head. Our lips moved in sync. It was like one of those romantic movies. Where everything stops and it's only you two. Yeah like that, ain't never had this with Sammi or any girl before. This was different. A fucking good different. We both pulled away, gasping for air. Still in each other's arms. I smiled at her as she looked up at me. "What about Sammi?" She asked. Hey eyes going wide. "She's not in the picture anymore." I said not looking away from her eyes. She slowly nodded her head. Her brows furrowed in confusion. "What happened?" She asked. I took a deep breath. "I told her that I kissed you. We argued and plus there was another guy" I said. She pulled me in for a hug. "Look at us. Both hurt and too deep in shit" she said with a chuckle. I laughed as my chin rested on her head. "You actually smell good Caleb" she said. I pulled away and looked at her with a shocked expression. "You say that like I stink" I said raising a brow at her. "Would you look at the time" she said looking at her wrist. "You do realize you don't have a watch right?" I said looking at her. "What was that? Oh Kian is calling my name. Bye" and with that she ran off to the my car. "You won't get far Mj" I yelled as I ran after her. I caught up to her and grabbed her. She was a laughing mess and so was I. "Put me down Caleb Zion Kuwonu!" She said in between laughs. I placed her down and held her. "You didn't have to use my full government name ma" I said moving a stray hair behind her ear. She looked up at me. "I wanna kiss you so bad right now mamas" I said looking into her eyes. "Then do it" she said in a whisper. I leaned down and kissed her. It wasn't as sexually frustrating as the one before. As cliche as it sound, this one felt amazing. I would love to call this beautiful girl mine. But this is only the beginning. The beginning of us.

(Waddup guys!🤪 soo I thought this would be a cute one by bringing the soft side of Zion. I hope you guys enjoy this! I'll try to post another one as soon as I can🖤)