Chapter 41

Mj's POV

I got home late last night. My phone had died by the time we got out of the studio. So I let it charge while I fell asleep. I was so tired last night that as soon as I got home and into my room. I was out like a light when my head reached my pillows. I reached over and grabbed my glasses. I looked at my clock, which read 10:27 am. I sat up and began to get out of bed. I heard a small knock on my door. "Come in" I said as I looked through my clothes. "Are you okay?" I heard from behind me. I turned around and seen Bobby and Franny. Both having sympathetic looks on their faces. I felt a pit in my stomach. Something was wrong. "Why wouldn't I be?" I questioned. They looked at each other and then back at me. "You haven't seen it?" Franny asked. "Seen what?" I replied. She looked at Bobby and then down at her hands. Neither of them saying anything. My phone began to go off. Notification after notification. It was never ending. I looked at them and walked towards my phone. User189 tagged you in a post the tops notification read. I quickly scrolled through the notifications. All coming from instagram and twitter. I tapped on the instagram app. I went to my tagged pictures and all of the pictures were from a party. It seemed like. The picture was pretty blurry but it looked like two people kissing. I was being tagged, my friends, the prettymuch boys, Zion and Sammi. What the fuck? I thought to myself. Another notification popped up. But this time it was twitter. I quickly tapped on it and it took me to video. I played it and I recognized choppy and Nick in the video. Then it went around the room. The video slowed down and zoomed in to the back. I watched as Sammi led Zion up the stairs. The outfit he was wearing was the same as the guy in the pictures I was tagged in. I turned off my phone and threw it on my bed. "You both seen it?" I whispered to them. Bobby got up from the bed and walked over to me. I felt the tears burning my eyes as I held them back. "Well this sucks." I laughed dryly. Bobby cupped my cheeks, leaving a small kiss on my forehead and I looked over at Franny who was now walking towards me. She opened her arms out for me and I walked into them. "It's okay to not feel okay Mj" she said. I nodded my head against her. "God I must look so bad right now" I laughed as I pulled away from her hug. I took a deep breath and looked at my friends. "I'm okay." I said to them. They nodded their heads. "Everyone is filming today. And chelsey has a meeting so no one is gonna be home. Will you be okay?" Franny asked. I smiled and nodded my head. "Yeah I'll call Tara to see if she wants to hang out. You know get out of the house" she smiled and gave me one last hug before her and Bobby left my room. My phone began to ring. I didn't bother to answer it. Quite frankly I didn't want to be bothered or bombarded with stupid questions. I continued to pick my outfit out. That entire time, my phone kept ringing. I began to grow annoyed so I walked over to my phone and see who is calling me. Eggwin 🐣 the screen read. I rolled my eyes and answered it.
I put it on speaker as I continued to look for an outfit. "Hey are you okay? I just woke up and seen this. He's still asleep." He said. I rolled my eyes. "I'm not okay. I don't want to deal with this Ed. I'm over it. He continues to screw me over." I replied back. I heard him sigh on the other end. "I know, I know. I'm sorry. You don't deserve this Maddi. You don't. Austin is upset, Ansely is trying to keep him from beating the shit out of him." He said. I could tell he was freaking out. "Who was she?" I asked in a low voice. Edwin stayed quiet. Not saying a word. "It was Sammi, wasn't it?" My voice breaking at her name. "I'm sorry Maddi." Is all Edwin could say. I physically felt my chest ache from the pain I was feeling. I didn't say anything else to him. I couldn't find the right words to say. I didn't want to cry. So I took a deep breath before speaking. I cleared my throat "um okay. I have to go Edwin. Talk later okay? Bye" I quickly said. Without his response, I ended the call. "God how can I be so stupid?" I asked myself. I quickly grabbed my clothes and walked into my bathroom, starting the shower.

....

After I got out of the shower, I quickly got ready. I blow dried my hair and added concealer under my eyes. I put in my contacts and walked out of the bathroom. I grabbed my white slip on vans and my hoodie. I walked over to where my phone was. I grabbed my phone and began to call Tara.

(Bold-Tara Italics-Mj)
Maddi!! How's my favorite person?
I could be better. Um do you wanna hangout today? Everyone is busy and I really need to get out of the house.
Come down to tender greens! I'm on my way there with Devyn and Kat. You can tell me what's wrong
Okay, I'll see you soon.
Okay bye. Drive safe, love you!
Love you too, bye.

Once the call ended, I grabbed my wallet and keys. I quickly sprayed some perfume on and walked out of my room. No one is home, besides the pets we have. As I got to the living room, I heard a knock on the front door. I'm almost positive no one is expecting anyone and I wasn't either. I placed my things on the island and walked over to the door. I opened it and was faced with Zion. I rolled my eyes and tried to close it. But he held his arm out and stopped it. "Maddi, listen I'm so sorry. I was drunk and that is no excuse. I know that. I don't know what happened. I was dancing one second and the next I'm waking up naked." He started out.
"No, I'm not doing this with you Caleb. You cheated. You showed me that you aren't worth my tears. You keep hurting me Caleb. All I have done is love you." I said. I watched as his face held the same apologetic look. "Maddi listen we can talk this out. I promise. Just hear me out" he begged. I looked away from him. I couldn't look at him any longer. I felt disgusted with him. "Leave. Leave me alone Zion, go sleep around. Go be with Sammi. I give up. I can't keep up with you. You cheated on me. You hurt me. You're always saying sorry but it don't mean shit." I said to him. Anger laced my words. He looked down at his feet "Maddi, I'm so fucking sorry. I really am. Please baby don't do this." His voice breaking at the end.
"I don't know what the fuck is going on with y'all but if you think I'm gonna stay with you while you figure out your own mess, you thought wrong. I got my own life to worry about. Whether you're in my life or not. It ain't on my list. Goodbye Caleb" I said to him. He looked up and for the first time I made eye contact with him. I saw his glossy red eyes. "No no no Maddi, baby don't do this. I love yo" I cut him off by pushing him back so I could close the door.
I locked the door on him. I heard him calling out my name and knocking on my door. I slid down the wooden door and for the first time, I felt myself crying. The warm tears rolling down my cheeks. I could feel my heart physically hurting.

(Oops🤭 here is mother long chapter, the tea is pippin' hot!! What is gonna happen next? Find out in the next chapter. Idk when I'll post it but I will soon😗 sorry y'all!)