Chapter 68

Mj's POV

I walked over to the door. Not knowing who it could be. And that's when I saw them. Two men in full Marine uniforms. I instantly knew what they were here for. I watched as Bobby stepped away from the door, giving me more room. My breathing had gotten shaky. I knew Kian was behind me. He always had been there and I'm guessing he knew why they were here too. "Maddi James?" One asked me. "Yes?" I replied. "Hi, I'm Lieutenant Smith and this is Lieutenant Arias. You are the sister to Jeremy James?" He asked. I nodded my head slowly. He took a deep breath. "I'm sorry to inform you. Jeremy was shot and killed during an ambush. The last 15 hours, him and his team were ambushed. Four lives were taken as well as your brother. We are deeply sorry for the loss of your loved one. As part of the Marines family, we are able to help cover the cost of all funeral arrangements." He started out. "What about Tyrone? He was with my brother. He's family. Is he okay?" I asked. He looked down. "Both Tyrone and Jeremy didn't make it ma'am." Arias said. I looked over at Kian and instantly started to cry. I felt like my world came crashing down in the matter of minutes. "Bobby get the information from them" I faintly heard Kian say. He held me as the sobs left me. My only family was taken from me. My big brother is gone. And he's not coming back. It was like a part of me died. My last bits of my heart, now gone. I was feeling the most excruciating pain in my chest. My body began to shake and I couldn't breathe. I was having a panic attack. I was gasping for air. "Call 911" I heard. Everything began to spin. My head felt like it was going to burst. My body was shaking uncontrollably. Then an unbearable pain shot through my stomach. It was like the worst cramping had started. My hands instantly went to my stomach. Holding it. All this pain I was feeling. "Maddi stay with me. Stay awake" I heard Kian say. I grabbed my lower stomach. I felt a warm liquid on my palm. I looked at my hand, it was covered in dark blood. "She's pregnant!" I heard. My vision became blurry. I heard heavy footsteps coming towards me. "How far along is she?" I heard a female voice say. "She's three months." Another voice said. I couldn't make out who was speaking. My eye lids began to feel heavy. I couldn't keep them open. An oxygen mask was placed on me. "My baby. Is my baby okay?" I asked. My voice coming out weak. "Maddi stay awake" was the last thing I heard.