Chapter 52

Zion's POV

I hate being one of those guys but it's been a month since the whole thing. And it's been two weeks since I started seeing Sammi. I know what it looks like but it wasn't planned. I guess old habits die hard. The boys kind of gave up on me too. I mean we're still a band but shit ain't the same. They're friends with Maddi still. They have family time with her on Friday nights. I see her on their stories, they try not to talk about her when I'm around. Three days ago, they walked in on me and Sammi. Austin isn't talking to me. In fact, he moved out of the house. He claims it's because of he needs to figure adult hood out on his own and wants to spend time with his girlfriend. But deep down I think he just couldn't stand being under the same roof as me. Which is understandable. I fucked up, I get that shit. Anyways, right now I'm walking around downtown with Sammi. She thought it'd be a good idea to hangout. I don't mind but something just felt off about today. "Z, you coming?" Sammi asked. I hadn't notice I just stopped walking. She was a few feet in front of me. I smiled and nodded my head. She was taking pictures and I was just looking around. I saw Maddi's Jeep parked down the road in a parking lot. I know it's hers because she had this air freshener of Derek from Grey's anatomy. I smiled at how stupid it was when she first told me about it. She had seen it advertised on Instagram and sent the post to Kian and Jc. They told her not to get it but them being good friends that they are, they bought five of them for her. I looked back at noticed Sammi was taking pictures so I continued to look around. Hoping to see Maddi, even if it was from afar. Then I saw her. She looked tired and it was like she had just got done crying. I watched as she walked with Chelsey back to her Jeep. She handed her keys to Chelsey and they got into her Jeep. I watched as maddi took a few deep breaths and her hands go up to her temples. In that moment, I wanted to run across the street and hold her. Chelsey and her drove away from the parking lot. I looked over at the building they walked out of. The hospital? Why were they there? Is someone hurt? Is she sick? She did look kind of pale. Maybe she's sick. "Hey you good?" I heard. I looked down and seen Sammi looking up at me. "Yea why?" I asked her. "I called your name three times." She replied. "Sorry I'm just tired that's all. Didn't get much sleep last night." I lied. Which she bought. We continued walking around. I gave her short/dry responses. I wasn't in the mood for this. I just wanted to make sure Maddi was okay.

Mj's POV

Right now, chelsey got us take out from our favorite sushi restaurant. She thought it'd be a good idea to have a little picnic at this park. "This park is pretty" Chelsey said as she parked my Jeep. I looked up and was faced with a beautiful green park. Chelsey grabbed our food and I grabbed our drinks plus a blanket. Now that we know I'm officially pregnant, she got me this all organic smoothie. "Let's sit there" she pointed out a spot. I smiled and followed her. We loaded down the blanket and sat down. "I can't believe today." I said as we began to eat our sushi. "I never thought I'd get pregnant at such a young age." I continued. "I know, some things aren't planned. Maybe this baby would bring more happiness for us" she smiled. "Maybe" I whispered.