Chapter 66

Jeremy's POV
(Play Not about Angels by Birdy)

For the next hour it was quiet. Nothing was happening. I ran back to my room, pulling up my video I made for Maddi. I took this chance to send it to her. Hoping it would send in time before we get hit again. The team that was sent to help us was stuck at the airport. They don't know the city and need someone to escort them. I noticed multiple cars and unknowns start coming in. Then they started firing at us again. So we did what we had to do. Shoot back and hope to god we don't get taken down. For the next 15 minutes, we were in fight. Then we all fired at the bus. Not knowing what was in it. After sending all we got, the bus blew up. The biggest explosion I've seen up close. "That was meant for us" Boon said. If we didn't shoot that, we would've all died. Once again, they retreated. Giving us another break. I went to Rone and sat down with him. "How you doing brother?" He asked. I looked away. "I haven't thought once about my sister. What would she say? That I died in country I didn't need to be in? Fighting a war he knew nothing about? I can't help but think what she's going to do" I said to him. "I know" he said. Then we got intel of backup making their appearance. Coming to help us. We all went back to set up at building. Another 30 minutes gone by. Our help had come. Getting us ready to evacuate. We were getting them caught up on the situation. And out of nowhere, we were bombed. The buildings closest to them, were hit. We were being shot at by both bullets and rpg's. Oz was hit first, I heard Rone call out. "Oz I'm coming" then Rone was hit. I ran over to him. "RONE!!!" I yelled out. Screams and yelling coming from other buildings. As I got closer to Rone, another rpg was shot. Then everything went black. Ringing in my ears being heard. I couldn't move. I couldn't open my eyes. It was just black.

Third Persons POV

Jack was the first to reach Oz. "Can you believe this shit?" Oz said pointing to his arm. "Don't touch or you'll fuck it up more!" Jack yelled. He walked Oz to the ladder. Making sure he got down safely. Then Tig got up, running over to Rone. Tig checked for a pulse but nothing. "God watch over him. Guide him to where he needs to be. Watch over his family" Tig said as he closed Rome's eyes. As for Jack, he went over to Jeremy. Who was lying there unresponsive. Jack felt the anger rush through him. Rone and Jeremy were the ones who Jack felt the closest too. They were like his brothers he never had. They all are. On a few occasions, Jack had talked to Rones current girlfriend and talked to Maddi as well. He kneeled down next to Jeremy. Hoping to find a pulse. When he didn't feel anything, Jack felt his eyes water. "Rone, check in, Rone." Chief said over the radio. "Rone and Jeremy are no longer with us" Jack said. Everyone that was listening, felt the sadness run through their bodies. Each of them felt a piece of them die. They were all brothers. Protecting one another. Two of their greatest warriors were taken. Fighting a war that didn't mean nothing to them. But the lives of those in the compound meant something to them. To Rone and Jeremy. One by one, their bodies were taken down from the roof tops. And to the trucks. Even though four lives were taken, over 15 American lives were saved. Everyone gathered their things as the loaded into the trucks. Jack was the last to get his things. But before he left, he got as many things from Jeremy and Rone's lockers. Jack went to their rooms and he seen Jeremy's laptop opened. He noticed the video on the chat screen. He grabbed it and grabbed the picture Jeremy and Maddi. When he walked out of the building and towards the trucks, he felt a sense of relief but also guiltiness rush through him. He promised his brothers to always have their back. To protect them at all costs. In a way, the team felt guilty for not being able to protect their two brothers. As they drove away from the compound and to the airport, the team felt a sense of relief but also felt the guilt. "You okay brother?" Tonto asked Jack. Who shook his no. "What am I suppose to say to their families?" Jack asked. No one knew what to say. So they stayed silent. The adrenaline draining from their bodies. Jack stepped away and called his wife. "Hey, I wanted you to hear it from me. Things went south. I'm coming home...They didn't make it. Rone and Jer aren't coming home... I love you, I love you so much" Jack said into the phone. The guys heard what he had said. They heard Jack's voice crack a little. They sat in silence while they cried. While this was all happening, Maddi had just gotten home from having a celebratory dinner with her friends. She was getting ready for bed. Happy as she can be knowing she's going to be with her brother in a week.