Chapter 77

Mj's POV

"So you're place has furniture and dishes" Celine said as she helped me pack up my clothes. It was the last few days in the house. I haven't spoken to Zion since the funeral which was a week ago. He tried getting in contact with me, apologizing for what his mom has said to me. But I have been in contact with his sister. "Okay, tomorrow I'm telling my friends I'm moving out of Cali" I said to Celine. She looked up at me "Maddi you didn't tell them?" She asked. I looked down and shook my head. We continued packing my things into boxes. Most of my things are being donated. I'm just taking my clothes, shoes, and personal belongings. Two days after the funeral, I had written a song. I told Celine that I want to release it the day I fly to Seattle. It's kind of weird that the whole world knows about my brother and baby. I've gotten a lot of good feedback and of course there was Zion's fans who said some pretty messed up shit. I haven't been on any of my social media's. "Maddi come eat dinner!" Chelsey yelled. I smiled and walked out with Celine. "Alright Maddi, I'm gonna head home" Celine said smiling at me. I gave her a hug before she left. I sat down at the table with my friends. "I'm not ready to leave you guys" Kian spoke. He decided to live with him girlfriend. Bobby wanted to live alone while Jc, Chelsey, Corey and another friend move into a house together. "Maddi you never told us your plan" Chelsey said. "I'll let you guys know tomorrow at family dinner" I replied. They nodded their heads and we all went back to packing. I knocked on Kian's door. "Come in" he said. I walked in, closing his door and sat at his chair. "So I have something to tell you" I said to him. He stopped what he was doing and looked up at me. "So I'm moving to Seattle." I said looking at him. "What?" He asked. "I'm moving to Seattle, I already bought a place out there. It was originally going to be me and Jeremy." I replied. He nodded his head "is this what you want?" He asked. I nodded my head and he walked over to me. "If this makes you happy, then I support it. But if you ever need me, I'll be on the first flight out" he said as he hugged me. I smiled and we stood like this for a while. I finally decided to let him continue to packing so I walked back to room. Taking in this last moments I was gonna have in this room.

~ The Next Day ~

"Okay that's the last of it" I said as I put my last box into the moving van. I walked over to my roommates and we all hugged each other. "Our friends should be showing up soon." Jc said. We all nodded our heads and walked into the house. We all sat down and played music while our friends slowly started to show up. I thought it'd be a good idea to spend one last dinner in the house all together. In my head it was a small get together. Because early tomorrow morning, I'll be on my flight out of LA to Seattle. It was about 30 minutes later when all our friends showed up. All except Zion. I decided to write him a letter instead. "No way, do you remember when Kian and I tried doing tiktok trends?" Jc said to us. We all started laughing, reminiscing about memories we made here. "So Mj when do we get a house tour?" Franny asked me. I looked up and seen all eyes on me. I looked at Kian and he nodded at me. "Well actually that's why I wanted you all here tonight." I started off. "The thing is, I'm not staying in LA, in fact I'm moving out of California. I know this seems sudden but this has been the plan all along. Originally I was suppose to move with Jer and my baby. I already bought my place a few months back." I said. Everyone looked at me with sadness in their eyes. "I'm going to miss you" Tara said walking up to me. I smiled and hugged her. Soon everyone was in this big group hug. "Where you moving too?" Colby asked. I smiled "you'll find out soon." I responded. Everyone laughed and rolled their eyes. "As long as this makes you happy then I support it." Sam said to me. Everyone agreed with him. I smiled and looked over at Austin. "So this is it?" He asked. I gave him a sad smile and pulled him for a hug. "I'm sorry aussie. But I think this is for the best. And don't worry, when I'm settled and everything you and everyone else can come visit me" I said to him. He nodded his head and held me tighter. Over the last few months, I have grown closer to Austin. He has been such a great friend, a best friend to me. I hate that I won't see him on a daily basis. He let go of me and we continued having a good time with each other. As the night was ending, I pulled Austin aside. "Hey give this to him for me please?" I asked Austin as I handed him a letter with Zion's name on it. He smiled at me and gave me one last hug. "You take care Maddi, call me if you need anything. Okay?" He said to me. I smiled "okay Aussie. I love you" I said to him. "I love you too Mj." He replied waving goodbye to me and my roommates. I walked back into the house and began to help clean the house up. "What time is your flight tomorrow?" Bobby asked me. "Oh it's at 8:45 am so I have to leave around 7" I replied. He nodded his head. "Well we will take you!" Kian said throwing his arm around me. Causing us to stumble. "Okay" I replied. We finished and headed to bed.